It's official! I'm going to the May 24th show in Toronto!

Can anyone post 3's set list? I was at the show and they surprised the hell out of me, they were amazing! However, they were quickly surpassed by Opeth (of course), awesome show, going again when they return in September!

3's vocalist is beyond terrible and should never be allowed near a live microphone again. Their music had flashes of inspiration that got lost in seas of directionless garbage. I was struggling to avoid dozing off during the latter half of their set.

Opeth, on the other hand, was :kickass:

Mikael is funny :lol:

I liked when they played To Rid the Disease, and the audience corrected their clapping rhythm once the band actually started playing

I don't think I saw you... I was on the far right corner, by the door leading to the tour buses, and infront of the sound guy and backstage doors.

3's vocalist is beyond terrible and should never be allowed near a live microphone again. Their music had flashes of inspiration that got lost in seas of directionless garbage. I was struggling to avoid dozing off during the latter half of their set.

Are you kiding me!? Everyone in Montreal were so impressed by that band, they are so greatly talented, I couldn't believe it. The singer has just an awesome voice and god, great guitar skills. Amazing discovery for me. I just can't believe what you said.

There was a guy on my left during the show when 3 played, he was putting his hands on his ears. I thought he was awfully close-minded. Deathmarch was the real shit.

Yeah honestly 3 were great, I don't understand how you could not like them. On a side note: about all those photos that were being taken (I guess by the venue, or something), does anyone know where they will be uploaded? I'd like to see some, I didn't bring my camera :eek: :eek: :eek:

Here's my quick review of the show. Opeth kicked my ass... bad! They were tight and brutally heavy! I kinda really wanted to hear Ghost of Perdition and I was hoping they'd maybe switch up the set a little. But that's only minor shit! The sound was perfect from where I was standing, which was just on the fringes of the mosh pit. I'd have gotten much closer in my younger days, but I'd have gotten my ass kicked again by the crowd in my old age.:p

I think in a post above I said I didn't care about the opening acts.... well I take that back! I never saw Deathmarch 'cause I was outside gettin' "primed" for Opeth. But man! Am I glad I caught 3's show! I thought they were fan-fuckin'-tastic! I'm definitely going to check out some more of their stuff real soon. Cool stuff.

I loved the venue! Maybe it's because I'm not used to bigger venues because there are none geared solely for general admission shows here in Newfoundland, but the Sound Academy blew me away. The light show was supa cool and the acoustics were spot on. Two thumbs up for the venue!

Now my only let down of the night was when I went to the merch booth and they had three T's left. Not 3 the band... not three different styles... three fucking XXXL T-shirts! Montreal shelled them out the night before so there was very little left for Toronto. They had 1 of the green printed T and 2 of the Opeth logo with the date stamp on the back. I got the second last T-shirt to be had and was pleasantly surprised to find out the T was only XXL, so there is hope that it might shrink down to an XL when I wash it. I actually wanted the Watershed album cover with the tour dates on the back. I'll most likely order one online to keep as a pseudo-souvenir.

Overall, the three days I spent in Toronto were a real blast, from the time I stepped off the plane 'til the time dragged my up all night ass back to the airport to head home. Capped off perfectly by probably my most enjoyed concert ever! If Mike or anybody else reads this, thank you for the great show! I hope you have the opportunity to make my ears bleed and my brain swell sometime in the near future. Cheers! Ed.

Nice summary of your night. In fact, I saw so many people with the new T-Shirt in Montreal. I just don't see why, seriously. I guess there is a thread about that (since there's a thread about everything new on Opeth), but seriously, that new T-shirt is pretty ugly. Their new cover just doesn't fit on a t-shirt (or maybe they just put it too big?). I think Ghost Reveries made the best T-shirts out there. Anyway, great show! Sorry for buying all these damn t-shirt (in the name of Montreal's crowd).