It's official, i'm on my songwriting spree. Textures meets Abigail Williams.

Much better ;-), the mix is more balanced now. What did you use for piano?

oh, and by the way saludos desde Chile a la madre patria ;-)

How do you combine Gold + Silver if one has integrated reverb and the other one doesn't ? I'm curious cause I've heard some people in very forum say that Gold was pretty much unusable because of the reverb.

Dandelium, congratulations, I find your stuff very inspiring in regard of doing great sounds and orchestral stuff, in a home recording environment... Great stuff!

My question is: how much ram do you have on your machine? I'm still on a Xp machine with 3 gigs and I always have to worry about how many samples I load on EWSOGold... Plus, I always use the Dxf suv vel acc patches, so I can always work on both expression and accent in a realistic way, but they are really heavy in regard of memory used..

I know, I know... I :Spam:

But I've done a second mix, this time testing a convolution reverb in a buss and sent everything to it. I sent orchestra louder, then drums (roomy) and then to a lesser extent the guitars and bass (highpassed and really really subtle).

Everything seems to fit a lot better now and sounds more "alive"
Also, to help the naturality to come into the mix, I eased once again on mastering compressor (gone from -26dB threshold to -10dB :loco:) and I eased 1dB threshold on the master limiter as I don't want a brickwalled mix.

Anyways it's pumping too much for my taste, but I guess I can't do much more to the mastering as I'm really new to it :guh:

Also, I changed the guitar sound a bit, to make it more healthy in the mid region and crunchier (it was too fizzy before). Maybe the bass is too loud now, but it sounds powerful anyways :p

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/425433/MP3/tema 7 final v2.mp3