KsE TEOH, my attempt at getting close (preparing to mix a metalcore band).

Erik Monsonis

Nov 18, 2006
Mexico City
www.darkhouseaudio.com
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/425433/kse test3.mp3

1st half of the song is TEOH by KsE
2nd half is some metalcore-ish riffs of mine.

S2.0 overheads + DevilDriver Kick + Behindert's Snare + Tama Starclassic snare.

Guitars: 4 tracks of my Ibby (emg85) > Simulanalog Ibanez TS > 8505 > Catharsis' s-preshigh > Curve EQ (TEOH)
Lead guitars: 1 tracks of same guitar > POD Farm
Clean guitars: 2 tracks of same guitar (neck pickup, EMG SA) > POD Farm

Bass: Harley Benton HBB with new set of warwick red label strings > POD Farm > Curve EQ (My curse files)

lol, I know it's really lame to re-record that riff that's been burned here, but it's to make a demo I sent to the band to show how can my mixes sound!

Opinions? :headbang:

Sounds excellent! Real beefy overall mix.

I think there's something weird going on with the overheads around the middle of your own riff, tho. Just before the fade out starts.

how strange, i've been playing along to TEOH today and was going to do my own version.
yours sounds ace! i'd be embarassed to give it a go now! haha

Guitar sounds good, though a tad cocked-wah like (especially on the arpeggios, good god :lol: ) and a bit thin - not bad overall though, just tame a bit of the metallic tone to it IMO!

But WOW, Simulanalog TS9 can officially suck my nuts, cuz the SoloC one is a lot fuller sounding, which makes the metallic quality less annoying cuz it's balanced out by balls (and while the arps are still very cocked-wah sounding, the rhythms aren't). Why don't you use BTE TSS though dude?

Guitar sounds good, though a tad cocked-wah like (especially on the arpeggios, good god :lol: ) and a bit thin - not bad overall though, just tame a bit of the metallic tone to it IMO!

But WOW, Simulanalog TS9 can officially suck my nuts, cuz the SoloC one is a lot fuller sounding, which makes the metallic quality less annoying cuz it's balanced out by balls (and while the arps are still very cocked-wah sounding, the rhythms aren't). Why don't you use BTE TSS though dude?

Thanks Marcus!

The arpeggios were recorded with POD farm only, no SoloC involved.

I just don't like the BTE TSS, it doesn't add enough meat for me!

Holy shit the SoloC one sounds so much better, and I thought the first one sounded fucking tits as it was.

Sounds fantastic, love that metallic-ish bite the mid range gets by boosting with soloC. Almost like playing with newly replaced strings even if the strings are old.

Sounds fantastic, love that metallic-ish bite the mid range gets by boosting with soloC. Almost like playing with newly replaced strings even if the strings are old.

Yeah, it can get really djenty sounds off the muddiest ampsims around. In fact I was using brand new strings to record that :saint:.

Snare, top and bottomg (drumagog)
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/425433/Starclassic Maple.rar

Devildriver Kick (drumagog)
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/425433/DevilDriverKick.rar

Sorry, I don't have the samples in .wav format:erk:

I tried to import these samples in Drumagog, but it gives me back an error: "Not a proper gog header".