It's on. More Big 4 shows.

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
sonisphere-UK-800.jpg

If only they would get rid of Metallica, and Megadeth and replace them with Testament and Exodus, or a reunited Seputura or Pantera I would be excited.

Megadeth is boring, Metallica yawn. Same ol same ol

I really just want to see an Anthrax headlining tour or a Slayer headlining tour instead of having to sit through Megadeth and having Metallica take over the biggest time slot.

This basically means Anthrax will get a 20 minute set. Yay

Your opinion though I don't agree.

Metallica were incredible live (last month) here in Oz and Megadeth have always put on a fantastic live show the 5 times I've seen them throughout the years.

It's the Big 4 and whilst Exodus & Testament are great they aren't part of the Big 4. More like the other lesser 6 or so ;-)

Your opinion though I don't agree.

Metallica were incredible live (last month) here in Oz and Megadeth have always put on a fantastic live show the 5 times I've seen them throughout the years.

It's the Big 4 and whilst Exodus & Testament are great they aren't part of the Big 4. More like the other lesser 6 or so ;-)

i aint the biggest metallica fan but they did put on the best show ive seen from them here last month here in sydney

No point in being excited for the big 4 when it's thousands of miles away.

I hear you, but I guess I'm just excited for the exposure for the band and the fact that it keeps Anthrax very much on the metal landscape.

Not to mention hopefully a certain Worship Music (or whatever the thing ends up being called) might become more of a priotrity to get finished at long last.

Having seen all 4 bands so many times in the past, the fact they're playing at the same gig really doesn't change the fact I've seen them all so many times.

Saying that, having been to around 500 gigs during the ages of 13-22 I really can't be arsed with live gigs at all these days. In fact, in the last 11 years I've only seen about 6 gigs; Mr Bungle, Lacuna Coil (it involved post-concert sex otherwise I wouldn't have went), Faith No More re-union, the 2006 Xentrix re-union gig in Preston (which fucking shred!!!) and two others which escape me now.

Man, I'm just an old fart.

I cannot wait for Sonisphere!!!

If anyone else is thinking of going to Sonisphere this year I would be very grateful if you would use my link below to get weekend tickets. The site is officially endorsed by Sonisphere and for every sale made through the link I earn up to £1 commission at no cost to you, and get closer to getting myself a pair of tickets.

The lineup this year is incredible: Metallica, Slayer, ANTHRAX!!!!, Megadeth, Biffy Clyro and Slipknot.

See you down the front!

http://www.fatsoma.com/alexa/

I wish Suicidal Tendencies would bring back the OG line up and play a brutal Thrash Metal set. They could be up there in the big 4.

Megadeth is boring. Technical speed metal. If you have seen Megadeth once you have seen them a million times. A bunch of studio musicians on stage. They are too corporate looking and acting on stage. The just bore me.

But what ever. All the big 4 shows mean is higher ticket prices, predictable set lists and less set times for Slayer and Anthrax the only bands I really care to see.

Anthrax will get about a 20 minute set. And you know it will be about 6 songs that consist of Caught in A Mosh, Got The Time, Indians, Madhouse, Antisocial, and Fight Until Can't Fight no More. Or something similar.

The Clash of the Titans was perfect. I despise Metallica. Now that thrash metal is a bit more back in the mainstream they decide they want to do these Big 4 shows. When Thrash wasn't big they were out touring with Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit and Deftones. They could have easily taken some of these Thrash bands out with them over the past 15 years but didn't. I always said I would never buy another album, concert ticket, or merch item from Metallica as they sold out and wouldn't ever get another penny out of me.

I hear you, but I guess I'm just excited for the exposure for the band and the fact that it keeps Anthrax very much on the metal landscape.

Not to mention hopefully a certain Worship Music (or whatever the thing ends up being called) might become more of a priotrity to get finished at long last.

exactly,this is great for anthrax not just money terms but being on the world stage again when only a few years ago they were all but finished,weve always had to wait ages between anthrax releases and this aint no different,at least they are busy.

I refuse to be excited about Big 4 announcements that do not include a tour here in the states. I'm happy, or whatever, but not excited. Bring this fucking thing home.

Oh yeah - this should be good!
Looks like Sonisphere wins this year - Sorry Monsters of Rock (aka Download)

To those in the USA - Surley it's only a matter of weeks before the U.S tour is announced. I cannot see them not doing it over there. Think of the money Lars will get!

Fuck Metallica. Thats all i have to say. It's that simple. Slayer should tell those sell out fags to fuck off and go do their own tour.

Metallica can go tour with Linkin Park and Limp Biscuit.

Slayer can go take Exodus, Testament, Nuclear Assault, Machine Head, Suicidal Tendencies, and Anthrax out with them.

If this tour comes to the USA I will go to only see Anthrax and Slayer. I will be out of there before Selloutica takes the stage. I can care less how great their old songs sound, they are the biggest joke in the history of metal and don't deserve to have anyone support them. But we live in a world where people are brainwashed and buy into their hype. What have they done in the past 20 years but release garbage sell out alternative albums? OOOOOhhhh they put out Death Magnetic.. wow what a metal masterpiece? Fuck those guys, Slayer shits all over them. It pains me that Slayer would take part in such a joke of a corporate money making tour. I can see why Metallica would, why Anthrax would, but not Slayer.

Fuck Metallica. Thats all i have to say. It's that simple. Slayer should tell those sell out fags to fuck off and go do their own tour.

Metallica can go tour with Linkin Park and Limp Biscuit.

Slayer can go take Exodus, Testament, Nuclear Assault, Machine Head, Suicidal Tendencies, and Anthrax out with them.

If this tour comes to the USA I will go to only see Anthrax and Slayer. I will be out of there before Selloutica takes the stage. I can care less how great their old songs sound, they are the biggest joke in the history of metal and don't deserve to have anyone support them. But we live in a world where people are brainwashed and buy into their hype. What have they done in the past 20 years but release garbage sell out alternative albums? OOOOOhhhh they put out Death Magnetic.. wow what a metal masterpiece? Fuck those guys, Slayer shits all over them. It pains me that Slayer would take part in such a joke of a corporate money making tour. I can see why Metallica would, why Anthrax would, but not Slayer.

Take a valium dude. Chill.