The Big Four shows

Slag666

Apr 1, 2005
I really feel bad for Anthrax having to play these shows. They're going to get outplayed and outperformed not only by the Big Three but I'm sure by some of the lesser bands. Is there a side stage they could play? It might not be too late to change the tagline to the "Big Three and A Half".

Anthrax - what a sad state of affairs you've become. The metal community is laughing at you.

I really feel bad for Anthrax having to play these shows. They're going to get outplayed and outperformed not only by the Big Three but I'm sure by some of the lesser bands. Is there a side stage they could play? It might not be too late to change the tagline to the "Big Three and A Half".

Anthrax - what a sad state of affairs you've become. The metal community is laughing at you.

Apparently you've never saw Anthrax live. As far as energy and crowd control , they blow the other three bands away [ nothing against those bands ] Your sadly mistaken. Wake up.:OMG:

You know what, I saw Slayer last year for the 1st time in my life: they where loud, fast, tight... and boring!

It was a very static show, Araya pretty much bolted down to the ground in front of his mic, Hanneman and King doing their mandatory headbanging and that's it. Oh I loved hearing all the classics, but I was definitely underwhelmed...

On the other hand, Anthrax are very energetic and Bush is probably the most charismatic frontman I've ever seen. Bello is everywhere on stage and looks like he's having the time of his life. On the other hand, Slayer where just standing there doing their job – nothing more nothing less...

I admit Anthrax lost alot of it's credibility and momentum over the whole reunion/nelson fiasco, but live with Bush they're hard to beat...

You know what, I saw Slayer last year for the 1st time in my life: they where loud, fast, tight... and boring!

It was a very static show, Araya pretty much bolted down to the ground in front of his mic, Hanneman and King doing their mandatory headbanging and that's it. Oh I loved hearing all the classics, but I was definitely underwhelmed...

On the other hand, Anthrax are very energetic and Bush is probably the most charismatic frontman I've ever seen. Bello is everywhere on stage and looks like he's having the time of his life. On the other hand, Slayer where just standing there doing their job – nothing more nothing less...

I admit Anthrax lost alot of it's credibility and momentum over the whole reunion/nelson fiasco, but live with Bush they're hard to beat...

Well said.

I can see where the original poster was coming from.. Can you really consider what Anthrax is now as part of the BIG FOUR??

They might as well have gotten Testament or Suicidal Tendencies...

I can see where the original poster was coming from.. Can you really consider what Anthrax is now as part of the BIG FOUR??

They might as well have gotten Testament or Suicidal Tendencies...

Is there any such thing as "the big four" from any other point than nostalgia? Im not saying anything about the bands, simply the title. I have seen all these bands over the years and hands down Anthrax delivers the goods like no other band.

I've seen all 4 bands live, and while the other 3 may be more popular, Anthrax are much better live performers. Of course Metallica can blow anyone off of the stage, because they have the well known songs. If everyone knows your songs and is singing along, your performance is always going to go over better than a lesser known band...but technically, Metallica is sloppy as hell live. Slayer's GREAT live at theaters and clubs, but at big outdoor venues (at least when I saw them), it was pretty boring. Megadeth usually has a terrible sound mix when I see them live (though the last time I saw them it was pretty damn good!).

The We've Come For You All lineup of Anthrax is consistantly great live. Energetic, tight as hell, and have always had great sound. They are better live than any of the other 3 bands - and I've seen them all. So Anthrax might not have as many well known songs, but they surely have nothing to be ashamed of.

Seen all 4 live too. I think a lot has to do with the fact that out of all the big 4 Anthrax has always had a dedicated stand alone front man who isn't tied down to his guitar/bass playing duties. Makes a hell of a lot of difference with a lead singer who is more mobile and can do things like climb scaffolding (as John did the other week at Soundwave).

Hell YEAH! if you want to see LIVE band in LIVE action - then your choice must be ANTHRAX!
Like so many have already stated - Slayer is tight but boring, Megadeth is technical but stagnant and Metallica - without their huge show - is just a bunch of very mediocre musicians...

...can't wait till summer - ANTHRAX will kick those posers off the stage...:)

T:)