It's on. More Big 4 shows.

Take a valium dude. Chill.

I could use one. Ever since Enter Sandman was released as a single I have been sickened by the word Metallica. They go sell out and make watered down pussy rock music and now that metal is 'cool' again they jump back into the spotlight and act as this saving grace for the true thrash bands. It sucks that more people didn't give Metallica the finger back in the day and put them out of business. But mainstream pussy america bought their shitty records thinking they were 'cool' and turned them into one of the biggest rock bands of all time. ROCK bands. It is the true thrash bands like Slayer who never sold out that should be headlining any Thrash metal festival tours. How many times can someone hear Fade to Black or One? Those pussies haven't released anything good since the ...And Justice For All album over 22 year ago.

To be honest ANthrax shouldn't even be on a true Thrash metal tour. Those guys, as much as I love their old music, pussed out as well in the 90's.

The thrash bands that never changed to conform to mainstream america such as Slayer, Exodus, Overkill, Kreator, Testament etc should all tell Metallica to fuck off and go do their own tour

.... please pass me that Valium!

+1

I would love for Phil, Rex and Vinnie to be friends and bros again --- but there is no Pantera without Dimebag. Period. End of discussion.

They could bring in a few different guitar players to do some tribute shows. Would it be he same? NO. But if Phil, Rex, and Vinnie were all on the same page and brought in some of dimes friends to play certain songs I think they could pull it off and it would be what Dime would have wanted. But even that being said I'd still rather have Exodus, Testament or bands like that

I could use one. Ever since Enter Sandman was released as a single I have been sickened by the word Metallica. They go sell out and make watered down pussy rock music and now that metal is 'cool' again they jump back into the spotlight and act as this saving grace for the true thrash bands. It sucks that more people didn't give Metallica the finger back in the day and put them out of business. But mainstream pussy america bought their shitty records thinking they were 'cool' and turned them into one of the biggest rock bands of all time. ROCK bands. It is the true thrash bands like Slayer who never sold out that should be headlining any Thrash metal festival tours. How many times can someone hear Fade to Black or One? Those pussies haven't released anything good since the ...And Justice For All album over 22 year ago.

To be honest ANthrax shouldn't even be on a true Thrash metal tour. Those guys, as much as I love their old music, pussed out as well in the 90's.

The thrash bands that never changed to conform to mainstream america such as Slayer, Exodus, Overkill, Kreator, Testament etc should all tell Metallica to fuck off and go do their own tour

.... please pass me that Valium!

I used to think like that but then I realised something as I gotten older in life.

People change. People grow up. People's tastes change.

Whilst I am no fan of Load/Reload do I begrudge a band exploring or expanding their creativity rather than keep writing the same stuff (not that I mind that as Maiden have done it for decades and I love all their stuff).

The thing is that it's so easy to paint it all in black n white and say they sold out but for me it's more grey than that.

For example Anthrax with Bush - they went in a different direction. People especially creative ones (and I say this from my own experiences as I've work in a creative industry for 20 years) the reality is as you get older you explore other things.

My own personal tastes in music has changed and expanded so much since I was a brash 17 year old metal head.

We've all grown up - gotten married, had kids, matured, traveled. You are bound to be influenced by other things and sometimes that shows in your music as well.

For me I don't see it as selling out (re: Metallica) - yes they were influenced by the mainstream, Bob Fucking Rock, etc, and lost of a lot of original diehard fans yet made millions more. Their personal problems have been well documented (on film too).

As I stated I am no fan of that era of their music - maybe one or two songs but heck I won't begrudge them a thing.

For all the hate on Metallica lets be blunt here - without them the mainstream acceptance of Metal would've maybe taken a lot longer. They were at the forefront of that wave that saw the likes of early morning music shows and mainstream radio accepting Metal.

In the 80s if I saw a Iron Maiden film clip squeezed in on some late night obscure music show I would've cried tears of joy - these days it's no big deal if I see Slayer used as background music for a Barbie doll TV ad.

So in summary. To state Metallica shoudn't be headling a thrash tour is for me wrong - they gave us so much and in all honesty without them I doubt the big 4 or thrash would've been as big as it is.

Pass the valium :)

:headbang:

I don't think they "sold out, " I mean what does anyone pick up a guitar for?

If the answer is not a) lots of pussy and b) lots of money, you're doing it wrong.

The the Load/reLoad era brought them lots and lots of both, so I don't begrudge them for that. I just think the music they put out during that time sucked.

I don't think they "sold out, " I mean what does anyone pick up a guitar for?

If the answer is not a) lots of pussy and b) lots of money, you're doing it wrong.

The the Load/reLoad era brought them lots and lots of both, so I don't begrudge them for that. I just think the music they put out during that time sucked.

Pretty much how I feel too :)

So in summary. To state Metallica shoudn't be headling a thrash tour is for me wrong - they gave us so much and in all honesty without them I doubt the big 4 or thrash would've been as big as it is.

Pass the valium :)

:headbang:

For one Metallica didn't give me anything. I'd rather not hear Slayer on a tv commercial or hear Pantera at a baseball game. I'd rather watch Slayer in a club than an arena...

Let's face it there are Thrash bands that are much more credible than Metallica ever was or will be. Metallica was once a great Thrash band. But that is not what made them huge. What made them huge was the Black Album which was a commercially driven arena rock/metal album. Then they took it a step further, cut their hair, cleaned shit up with the Load/ReLoad era. You really think they just happened to creatively think to themselves, "Hmmm lets cut our hair, dress like preppy frat boys, and then write meathead rock songs and ditch our thrash metal roots"??????? Yeah rigghhhht! You think they decided to bring bands like Linkin Park and LImp Biscuit out with them for no reason? Everything this band does is based around what will make them the most money and bring them the most popularity.

These guys have been the biggest joke of a Thrash Metal band and I am sorry they don't deserve to be on the same bill as Slayer who has never sold out or done any of the stupid mainstream garbage antics that Metallica did.

Anthrax wanted to creatively change because they got older? REALLY? Thats what you want to believe? Now they are older than ever and want to return to Thrash metal? Why would that be? Maybe the Thrash scene is a bit more relevant now and 'cool'. They didn't change from Thrash to Busthrax for any other reason than they wanted to try and capitalize on the current trends.

What ever the case is most people just don't get it and it really doesn't matter. At the end of the day you have a choice to go spend 100 bucks o see Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax. You can be sitting right next to some meathead that nuts himself to Enter Sandman. You will hear the same songs these bands always play, their greatest hits. i just am tired of these packaged tours. I want to see Slayer headlining, Anthrax headlining, and Megadeth and Metallica can go suck it for all I care.

"Fade To Black" is a great song and one of Metallica's best songs ever IMO but it was their first step in a more commercial direction and they already lost a bunch of diehard-fans who expected every Tallica-album to sound like "Kill 'Em All", so to some Metallica already were "sellouts" in 1984.

Biffy Clyro is a band from Scotland.
They are fantastic, me thinks.
Saw them live in october, and they were brilliant.

They're a rock band by the way, but they are quite experimental and often swing towards the heavier genres. In addition, they often experiment with rythm patterns and melody. Most notably on their first three albums.
Their latest album is their most commercial, but it's great.
Josh Homme guests on guitar on one of the songs.

"Fade To Black" is a great song and one of Metallica's best songs ever IMO but it was their first step in a more commercial direction and they already lost a bunch of diehard-fans who expected every Tallica-album to sound like "Kill 'Em All", so to some Metallica already were "sellouts" in 1984.

Haha. My thoughts exactly. Everytime someone tells me that Metallica sold out, I'm like, yeah, with Ride The Lightning.

If only they would get rid of Metallica, and Megadeth and replace them with Testament and Exodus, or a reunited Seputura or Pantera I would be excited.

Megadeth is boring, Metallica yawn. Same ol same ol

I really just want to see an Anthrax headlining tour or a Slayer headlining tour instead of having to sit through Megadeth and having Metallica take over the biggest time slot.

This basically means Anthrax will get a 20 minute set. Yay

Are you actually planning on GOING to this?

Haha. My thoughts exactly. Everytime someone tells me that Metallica sold out, I'm like, yeah, with Ride The Lightning.

Yeah and you also probably tell people 'yeah they sell out every place they play' too right? Again, buying in to their bullshit.

What ever the case. Glad you love Metallica and will go spend $100 to go see Anthrax play for 20 minutes.

You can go pump your fist when they play Enter Sandman with the rest of the meat heads.

Yeah and you also probably tell people 'yeah they sell out every place they play' too right? Again, buying in to their bullshit.

What ever the case. Glad you love Metallica and will go spend $100 to go see Anthrax play for 20 minutes.

You can go pump your fist when they play Enter Sandman with the rest of the meat heads.

I'm pretty sure that isn't what he implied at all. I also think it's funny that everybody who likes certain music is just lumped into some group to you. It's like you're stuck being 14 and hate it when the jocks talk to the stoners.

I'm pretty sure that isn't what he implied at all. I also think it's funny that everybody who likes certain music is just lumped into some group to you. It's like you're stuck being 14 and hate it when the jocks talk to the stoners.

Not really. This is about the big 4 Thrash Metal bands. And I find it disgusting that Metallica is headlining a Thrash Metal tour when they haven't even been Thrash metal since the 80's.

And if you can't tell I can't fucking stand those sell out bitches so I will always get pissed of when talking about Metallica.

Slayer > Metallica period.

So in conclusion, ironmaidenfan09 hates Metallica and would rathe see his favorite bands play for beer money than tour stadiums with Metallica and make a decent amount of money. Metallica is the bane of mankind, in fact the bane of the entire universe, and should be put to death for daring to make a comfortable living and giving the majority of fans exactly what they want. Now I know why Iron Maiden is his favorite band, because let's face it: if you've got one Iron Maiden record, you've pretty much got them all. No disrespect to Iron Maiden.

So in conclusion, ironmaidenfan09 hates Metallica and would rathe see his favorite bands play for beer money than tour stadiums with Metallica and make a decent amount of money. Metallica is the bane of mankind, in fact the bane of the entire universe, and should be put to death for daring to make a comfortable living and giving the majority of fans exactly what they want. Now I know why Iron Maiden is his favorite band, because let's face it: if you've got one Iron Maiden record, you've pretty much got them all. No disrespect to Iron Maiden.

To sum it up you know nothing about Iron Maiden if you think that. They are one of the only bands in Metal that never sold out or drastically changed their style of music to conform to radio and/or mainstream rock. And the fact that you think Metallica gives the majority of fans what they want is bullshit. Not since 1988 has that been the case. They have given what the majority of mainstream corporate America wants no the Thrash metal fans that got them to where they were.

None the less who gives a fuck. Metallica will always be the biggest draw of any rock band. They have branded themselves and done all of the right business moves to make them the largest rock band in the world. But for the Thrash metal scene they are a laughing stock.

They could do the headlining arena rock gigs without Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax and I wish they would. Just takes more time away from Slayer and Anthrax to do their own tours where they actually can play long sets and play a wider array of material than the 5-7 greatest hits