ITT: Dirty Glass Becomes Like New

neal

wizard in black
Dec 17, 2001
california
Visit site
per request from shbongled and others....

this tutorial is for a multi-chamber/perc so some steps wont be necessary if you've got a regular single chamber

3146354770_3e8b51bb30_o.jpg

to begin, put bowls/downstems aside and take your shamefully filthy piece and run hot water through it for a few minutes to loosen and soften up that disgusting black gunk that would be coating your lungs if you didnt have this fabulous water filtration device. next, we reach for our old pals Alcohol and Salt:

3146354774_14f703fe41_o.jpg

get 99% if you can find it or 91% at least. 70% still works ok but takes a hell of a lot more effort/soaking. pour that whole bottle and some salt (the salt acts as an abrasive) in, some in the top, some in the bottom. cover the bottom hole with some press-n-seal/plastic wrap and secure with a rubber band. grab with both hands turning it horizontally covering the mouth hole with one palm. proceed to shake that shit out of that mofo until all the black crap comes off:

3146354782_86a0bb0a4a_o.jpg

pour the alcohol back into the bottle and put it aside, we'll use it in a moment. rinse thoroughly with hot water and you should now have this:

3146354790_61c3b3c304_o.jpg

on to the smaller parts, bowls, downstems, this method also works for small pipes:

3146354798_3e8b51bb30_o.jpg

pour some of that slightly used alcohol into a ziplock bag with some salt and the downstem and shake the shit out of it. a stick/poker of some kind comes in handy to help scrape those hard to reach places shaking cant quite get:

3146354802_4a7bc7bdfc_o.jpg

you can use this same bag for bowls and pipes. i suggest soaking them for at least a few days fully submersed in the alcohol to loosen that shit up. the longer you soak lessens the effort required to scrape em out. if you only have one bowl and no time to soak you've got a lot of scraping in your future. so now your glass should be sparkling clean, almost like new. perhaps a few hard to get patches and some hard water stains. for most occasions this is perfectly acceptable, but what if you're trying to impress and really want that shit like new? what to do about this? how can we get it absolutely like new?

and boom goes tha dynamite:
3146504126_aa5bccb783_o.jpg

throw some in the top and the bottom, fill to the brim with hot water and let it soak in for a few hours or overnight. rinse thoroughly and enjoy your completely spotless crystal beauty :)

2297102927_c89e20257e_o.jpg

Lack of response to this thread is sad, but I guess it's aimed at a rather small demographic heh.

Thank you for this Neal... I will be following these instructions tomorrow, possibly tonight. I actually think I might sell my bong and buy a vaporizer.

Don't smoke out of Cans.

BE A MAN

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qtrAMK7_Qk"]Be a man.[/ame]

Steve buy a fucking pipe. Aluminum cans are pathetic, stupid, and unhealthy. You can get a good glass piece just about anywhere for $10 or less.

Seriously, getting high isn't even worth it if you're smoking from a can.

At first I thought Monster can was some sort of lingo :lol: Yeah dude, get a pipe at your local smoker's shop for like $10-$20.

Everytime I see Oxi Clean the horrible vision of Billy Mays yelling at me at 3 am in the morning when I fall asleep with the boob tube on come to me.

Vaporizers for the win.