ITT You All Recommend Recent Death Metal Albums

WhiteBeastofWotan

Apostitutes!
May 22, 2003
Philly
Visit site
Yes, so the most recent The Faceless album may have rekindled my interest in death metal, which I have been out of touch with the last few years. I know there was a thread a while back where a few people recommended a couple albums, but I can't be arsed to find it, so gimme some recos of quality DM albums from the past 5 years or so. Beyond the obvious (bloodbath, necroFAGist, nile etc), people.

Hell, this can be the official Death Metal Discussion thread if that tickle's everyone's fancy.

Oh, nothin' to wanky, plz. No Behold... The Arctopus type stuff. Though I don't mind tasteful technical shit like Necrophagist and The Faceless.

I like Arsis, while at times they do seem like typical overly-proggy tech death wankiness. They manage to have tons of catchy melodys and hooks in their choruses.

No love for the new album?

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sjKEHL9XJKE[/ame]

I just like them because they have a much brighter and clearer guitar tone than a lot of typical death metal bands that stick by the standard of loads of bass.

Some obvious plugs: Sickening Horror, Origin, Vader, Decapitated, Cryptopsy... And the likes of Corpse, Suffo, Deicide, Vital Remains etc. still release great stuff (more or less).

And :kickass: to Death Breath for sounding more like Entombed or Autopsy, than both ever did.

Just too many damn bands out there...

I'm waiting for Kevin to come into this thread and recommend something with groove and brutality :kickass:
I'm not sure what the deal is with this weird video but Disavowed is sick, especially this song.

Benighted also kills. At 1:12, faggots fucking die. <3 those vocals

Born of Osiris is kinda core, but still badass and ultra heavy.

Neuraxis is really technical and forward thinking. These guys sound to me like Arsis got brutal and hired Frank from Suffocation to sing for them.

I could post more :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost forgot.. ROTTEN SOUND!

I saw these guys play a lounge show at El Corazon here, which is basically where they set up in the corner of the bar and rock the floor, nowhere near the actual stage in the venue. It was one of the best shows ever, they pounded out every single person there and haven't come back since.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever I hear of Rotten Sound my brain just does this "Rotten Sound? Mmm Kai Hahto... Mmm Wintersun..."