Review: Best death metal albums of all time

The Kalerian Isthmus by Amorphis is a pretty average death-metal recording highly reminiscent of Entombed and Dismember’s early days.

:erk:

I think you should give it a more in depth listen. Not only is it head and shoulders above anything by either band, it sounds close to nothing like them.

And who's complaining about Pestilence's Consuming Impulse being in the top five? Get the fuck out of metal.

Carcass symphonies of sickness? would you not think Necroticism is not only superior but more influential? the album has classics such as corporeal jigsore quandry and incarnated solvent abuse!
Also i spose death's scream bloody gore is extremely influential, but that said, so was human, shouldn't that get a mention?

Blessed Are The Sick > Altars Of Madness
Necroticsim / Heartwork > Symphonies Of Madness
Slowly We Rot > Cause Of Death
..Deicide and Cannibal Corpse shouldnt be on this list.
Instead there should be Nile, Monstrosity or old Hypocrisy!!

still i think its more a matter of personal taste. its impossible to say what album is better or more influentual than another

"Too many of them are polluted with second-rate material", LOL Deicide and Cannibal Corpse can only dream about being second rate, they are 3rd rate at best. Not having Atheist or Dismember is a joke.

We could all easily make a list 30+ deep with essential death metal records, there are simply too many bands and tastes to cover. The author of these lists seems to have a particular fondness for the oldest bands and material at least 20 years old, not necessarily the bands best album.