Hot Sauce Appreciation ITT

Chromatose

Squid pro quo
Apr 5, 2002
Maryland
Mention your favorites. Also talk of BBQ sauce is not only permitted, but welcomed with open arms.

Tabasco Chipotle Sauce
229.jpg

Oh man this stuff is so crazy good. It's not particularly hot, but the chipotle flavor is spectacular! I tend to liberally douse it over everything I can. Also, it mixes fantastically with mayo for a quick and easy Chipotle Mayo spread, a favorite addition to Bleu Cheese Burgers.

Scoville Rating: 2,000 or so

Dave's Insanity Sauce
41.jpg

Just bought some of this last week. Unfortunately, most insanely hot hot sauces are HOT, but severely lacking in any sort of redeeming flavor. Well, not only does Dave's Insanity verge on unbearable heat, but also tastes delicious! Yay. Move over Tabasco Chipotle, currently this is what I'm putting on all my foods.

Scoville Rating: Most places seem to say 50,000, but could be a lot higher. In other words: Don't put directly into your mouth.

Blair's After Death Sauce for insane heat but still having flavor...I've never had anything hotter than this.

For pure enjoyment - heat and flavor - Hamp's Habenero Hash or Jalepeno Hash - delicious on anything . Made by Hoboken Eddie's.

I saw the Blair's After Death as well at World Market (where I found the Dave's). I've heard it's just as good, so I'll try that one next.

i used tostito hot sauce on a whole bunch of my subs two weeks ago.

i also bought a bottle of tabasco sauce i never used last year.

i really could go for some bbq wings.

Yay, a hot thread.

Red Devil, I say. Excellent flavor, good spice.
I don't like Tabasco regular sauce, but the habanero and chipotle versions are winnage.

trappeys-reddevil.JPG

Regular Tabasco is like watery tomatoes. I use it to spice up my omelettes when I'm at IHOP, because it's their hot sauce of choice, but otherwise I don't approve!

lol, from the wiki:

"As the scale below shows, Frank's RedHot is one of the mildest sauces sold as hot sauce."

Scoville Scale
Frank's RedHot Original 450
Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce 284
Frank's RedHot XTRA Hot 2,085
Frank's RedHot Buffalo Sandwich Sauce 305
Frank's RedHot Gold Fever Zing Sauce 272
TABASCO Red 3,050

more like poser-sauce, am i rite?

I didn't say it was hot, I just said it was a great taste and a great spice.

"This is where I question their Scoville Rating. I asked what was used for their ingredients and they refused to tell me. Apparently it is a close guarded family secret. I asked if they used any extract and they said it was just peppers used. No extract. I believe what they do is total the combined heat rating of their peppers to come up with the 850,000 Scoville rating. Unless they have acquired the mysterious Indian Tezpur there is no way that 850,000 can be achieved without the aid of extracts. I honestly think that their Armageddon wings are more in the 300,000 - 400,000 range. They are brutally hot but not 850,000 hot. As for their death wings which are rated at 500,000… well I could eat them without breaking a sweat. Even my fiance had no problems trying the Armageddon sauce and she actually enjoyed the Death Wings."

Oil of peperoncini...homemade stuff for mixing it in and giving it spice without it tasting like you put something on top of it to make it spicy. For those things, Tabasco, I guess...but that's because I would want to taste the tabasco along with the food, because once you put tabasco on something, you only taste tabasco. Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes it's bad.

The Jolokia Pepper from India

250px-2006_10_11_Naga_Jolokia_Tezpur.jpg

Easily the hottest pepper that I've ever experienced in my life. It's also called the Ghost pepper. They call it that because it's so hot it could chase away the dead.

This fucker is no joke. SRSLY!