iTunes, Spotify, Winamp, ect. (what do you use?)

mstone564

Jan 21, 2010
Sup guys.

I was just curious as to what everyone else is using to listen to/store music on their computer.

I'm currently using iTunes and love the design, but hate the countless updates and non-stop crashing.

Spotify seems cool, but the ads and linking to Facebook is kind of annoying.

What works best for you?

Spotify, AU$12/month for premium is fantastic value, use dropbox for "local files".

98 % of what I look for is on Spotify, if not, I'll purchase a download and put it in the "local files".

Spotify, AU$12/month for premium is fantastic value, use dropbox for "local files".

98 % of what I look for is on Spotify, if not, I'll purchase a download and put it in the "local files".
Idk if I could shell out that music per month for Spotify haha
Does it function well if I want to basically mimic iTunes? Like just putting music from my hard drive and sync my ipod/iphone to it?

No, I don't think so. I'd personally just stick with iTunes for that.

Spotify is more of a "service" than an actual player.

Winamp, always winamp. Itunes sucks, and it´s sucking even more nowadays, the new versions are getting worse and worse. It´s no more intuitive and simple. Ironically, the opposite of Steve Jobs efforts.

I think the new versions are way better than the old ones. Afaik it wasn't possible to select only the albums you want, to copy to your iPod in the past. You always had to do some syncing shit. Now I just rip my CDs in aiff, so I have them lossless at home, and when I copy them to my iPod it automatically converts them to 256k mp3s. Quite comofrtable for me :)

Winamp lover here for 17 years already, the developer is also the founder of Reaper.

winamp classic here too since like when it first was introduced.. dont need anything fancy.. thats why i love winamp.. its small, you can make playlists, and it doesnt make its own library somewhere on the hd like itunes.

and i only use it for playing mp3s that are stored on my harddisc.

for streaming music, i use deezer

I tried Winamp yearsss ago, but I just couldn't get into it.

I'll probably check it out again now that I know the founder of Reaper was involved! (love Reaper)

They did away with Winamp a year or 2 ago, right?

I've always used Winamp, but recently found myself just using Windows Media Player for playing any sort of files. I don't really enjoy iTunes and only use it to backup my phone and transfer music from PC to phone.

^ but it was made to hear music not to look at his design. Anyway, it´s super fast, super small, very easy to work. I cant ask for more.