What brand of guitar strings do you use?

ernie balls, all the way

i've tried several others, and just couldn't get into them...either they broke rrrrrrrrrrreally quick, like within a day, or they didn't "feel" right

I've been using GHS Boomers for a long time now. Used to put 10-52's on my guitar, now I use 10-60's.

I've tried other brands, but GHS is the only brand I've been able to get 10-60's with.

Elixir Nanowebs, 010-046's and a 056 B for the seven (27" scale), 010-052's for sixers. Also used to use 010-052's and a 068 back when I was using a 25.5" seven, and later when I was using a 27" seven and tuning to A.

I really wish Elixir would start to make a 060 guitar string, the 056 is a bit too loose.

Makes no difference to me at all. D'addarios feel a bit greasy to me when they're new, but other than that I don't notice any difference in tone, tuning or anything else. In 7 years of playing I've only ever broken 2 strings, so that's not an issue.

The guitarists in my band claim they prefer one brand over another - if I tell them my guitar has their brand on, they love them; if I say they're something else they hate them, regardless of what strings they actually are.

Steve

Ernie Balls all the way. Coated Slinky's rock too, elixirs weren't bad. Acoustic I'd go Elixirs all the way.

All the way!!

Electro Harmonix. Daddario have no tone (or lose it early). I also like Dean Markley. GHS sound kinda bad too, there's something weird in their mids

i use custom made pyrmaid strings, they make 8 string customs, they are 11 Euro per package.

.084 - .008 << they sound very pristine and clear