What gear do you use Bart?

ckf

New Metal Member
May 2, 2007
Okay from what i can tell you use a jackson soloist sl2h, a boss gt-6 using the "four cable method", into a 5150 and a Blackmore.

so i was curious what kind of pickups, cabs, speakers, strings, and picks you use. i would REALLY like to know your 5150 settings

Okay from what i can tell you use a jackson soloist sl2h, a boss gt-6 using the "four cable method", into a 5150 and a Blackmore.

so i was curious what kind of pickups, cabs, speakers, strings, and picks you use. i would REALLY like to know your 5150 settings

Pickups are stcuk Seymour Duncans, passives

Here's my 5150 shot, these are the settings I use in the studio and will use those on May 12.

I do not use the lead channel as it has too much gain.
Instead, put it on rhythm->crunch->bright,
adjust the low end with with the resonance, while having the LOW on 0 - gives interesting results.

Sometimes in studio I'll put an expandora pedal in front of the amp to smooth out the distortion - (Megadeath used the expandora on rust in peace)

hope this helps.
5150.jpg

Hey Bart, speaking of Megadeth you should check out Glen Drover's work on their new album, his solos are quite impressive... the Andy Sneap production kills too...

tried em out yesterday, very interesting results indeed. unfortunately i couldnt crank it so i didnt get those powertubes to do much work. the settings allow for great articulation and, since theres so much mid range, itll cut through any mix like a laser through butter. and is that the expandora im hearing on tracks like fate's descent?

I don't use the expandora live but in the studio I used it on Silence and a few other songs on Defiant Imagination... Pierre Remillard got his stolen at a show half way through our recording and I finished the rest of Defiant Imagination with a POD and a 5150.... But Silence Calls the Storm rhythm guitars definitely had Expandora on them. It adds sustain very nicely. I'll post a pic as well...

very nice. im using my boss sd-1 in front of the signal for a lead boost. its a cheap little thing but does a great job. might look into the expandoras. are you using v30 speakers? i hear thats what most use with their 5150s. im using a cab with 4 old celestion g12m70's, they sound very smooth