I've become so jaded about recordings, that i dont even like my own mixes anymore.

If you feel disheartened about something in it's entirety, then you're bound to become overly critical about every aspect of it. If the industry/clients are pissing you off, then you will inevitably question your own worth in the situation.

It can pass by either changing direction or maybe giving it a rest for a while if you've got something else to concentrate on. Music in general bums me out from time to time but I tend to push through it, somehow!

I'm actually reacting the opposite. What I mean is I can pick ANY professional album that someone paid thousands of dollars for, and find many things I don't like about it quality wise. Once I figured this out I decided not to be so harsh on myself.

I'll still strive to be the best I can be, but not on the level I put myself on previously.

all the time, I hate bands, I hate bands working harder on finding faults with their mix, than actually writing the stuff. I hate mixing, I hate bands, I hate music and shitty guitarists who can barely tune a fucking guitar, I hate shitty bass players, and fucking aweful singers who want me to "just autotune it".

And I hate shitty drummers.

In short, music can fuck right off.

I've had this with composing music tho. I think I am over it finally, but still not sure. As far as mixing music tho, it's more like I am satisfied with a mix when I finish it (otherwise it wouldn't be finished), only to pinpoint at least a few things I did 'wrong' a couple of months later down the line. Part of it is being able to put it in 'truer' perspective (because of the time distance), and the other part is constant 'outgrowing' your previous work, I guess.

I hate bands, I don't hate music. As others have said I've never liked my own mixes enough to not like them anymore but I can definitely see where you are coming from Brian, I've only been doing this full time for a little over a year and the grind of it can get to you, I'm lucky now where I work with someone but doing it on your own can be really difficult and kind of a weird lonely experience, you have a different group of friends every month doing what we do.

there is a switch that i am able to turn on and off on whether im critically listening to something, or listening to it for enjoyment. If you can flip the enjoyment switch on, you should be able to listen to the music and not worry about the tone or how things are panned or mixed. You kind of zone out and just listen to the material.... you know... kind of like you did when you were a kid before you got into audio engineering.
Then when the critical listening switch is, you can do the opposite and pay attention to the production aspect and analyzing a mix.

Unless the production is so bad that you cant even listen to the music.