some things that realy piss me off!!!!

From my experience, someone that does something and gets paid for it,is called a pro.This doesn't necessarily means that he is doing a good work but but..oh well.

BTW this thread if full of LOLness:)

It's the same with Journalism... It's not a protected term so anyone can carry it.

If we're going to get nit-picky about it, it wouldn't be right to call Sneap, Richardson, Murphy etc. audio engineers in many countries (not sure about the US, though) because it's a protected term that is connected to a degree. Sound technician or recording engineer would be alight, though.

But seriously, who fucking cares?

Like Marcus said, There are Pro Engineers and Hobbyist Engineers. Both kinds are still Audio Engineers regardless of the skill or noteriety as theyre both doing the same kind of work.

The ones who start making money at it can swap out the "Hobbyist" for "Pro" and it automatically makes them better. Kinda like gear. Make sure you always buy things that say "Pro" on them, because that is the only way to know for sure that you're using the absolute best. That's why my entire rig consists of Behringer Pro gear. Only the best for my mixes. I don't fuck around. :p

Seriously, I'm guessing there might be a language barrier issue here or something, because it never would have occurred to me to even think that such a generalized term as "audio engineer" only referred to professionals (as in, those that make a substantial portion/all of their income from the trade); saying "pro audio engineer" or "hobbyist audio engineer" works for me ;) (it's like with a baseball player on a major league team vs. one in little league, they're both still baseball players)

Sorry, I have to take issue with this.

The pros are baseball engineers.

An audio engineer knows how to get a room perfectly treated with MATH, using physics to know what guitar string is perfect for a particular tuning.....

.. erh, yeaaaaaaaaaaaah.. you know, thats like.... yaaaaaah.. :err:

So what you are saying is that to be an audio engineer, you have to be an acoustics professor and a guitar tech?

.. erh, yeaaaaaaaaah.. that.. makes sense.. really.. it does! :err:

Seriously, I'm guessing there might be a language barrier issue here or something, because it never would have occurred to me to even think that such a generalized term as "audio engineer" only referred to professionals (as in, those that make a substantial portion/all of their income from the trade); saying "pro audio engineer" or "hobbyist audio engineer" works for me ;) (it's like with a baseball player on a major league team vs. one in little league, they're both still baseball players)
I'm supposed to have the same language barrier and I don't generalize the audio engineer world.
OP's statement is more typical in gearslutz or tapeop.

And +1 to Gareth and 006

I can't see it being a language barrier, the guy speaks damn good english

Well not exactly, because the OP is German ;) (unless you're a Deutscher living in Madrid?)
Is he? :oops:
I thought he would be from south america

So sorry about my guesses ( that are wrong most of the time lol)

Anyway, I don't see a language thing going on.

Sure an engineer is a guy building planes, starships, etc, but when it comes to recording, we all use the same terms and nobody got confused yet :err:

I can't see it being a language barrier, the guy speaks damn good english

thanks but yeah I´m from germany...

I think I overreacted a little yesterday...

took a good sleep, played the new fifa 10 demo and everything is fine now.

I hope I didnt piss off to many people here because I´m a proud member of this forum since 2006 and love this place!!!

I never thought I became a piggy internet dick...

To make things clear:

My post about audio engineers had nothing to do with this forum at first.
It was about a guy in a band, who starts this shit with me...

Cheers!!!