JoeySturgis.info NOW ONLINE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguru777

Nov 13, 2003
Las Vegas
www.jasonconstantine.com
JOEY .... I dont care if you want a forum or not. I built you one. I will be populating it with all Sturgis related discussions from this forum so your fans and love children can discuss is there.

We really need to get THIS place back on topic. We love you dude, but its just becomming toooo tooo much for this place.

Hit me up via PM and I will send you all the admin info so you can hire some people to moderate it and get it going properly.

http://www.joeysturgis.info

COPIED FROM ANOTHER THREAD:

Ok....
Im confused by this whole thing. To me, it just seems like everyone is mad that Joey gets attention and they dont. It would be very different if it was someone else who was getting attention. Joey is good at what he does. OBVIOUSLY. He must be, arent most people dealing with clients who want HIS style of production? Wouldnt that make forum members happy to know that a member here has worked hard to get where he is? Its a testament of how great this place is. Atleast I think.

Trust me, im no fanboy...I cant stand any band ive heard that he's done!
I DO see a bit of jealousy running through alot of people though. Thats no way to live guys. ALOT of people here do amazing work. Joey just got involved with a trend and is reaping the benefits of that. HOW can you knock him for that? IF it was ANY one of you in his shoes, you would feel different.
I dont know much about Joey, but he seems pretty down to earth considering what he has built.

Usually when I read anti-joey comments, all i see are jealousy flags. Most every one of you would gladly trade situations with him.
I havent seen it be a crime when someone digs up other old ass threads. For some reason, Joey's success has made it impossible for him to be mentioned here without the fangirls coming out, or people making all sorts of negative comments about him. If you dont like his success or him SOOO much. Ban him. doesnt that make more sense? Im sure he will be fine.

Its just crazy and stupid that a forum members success has divided this place so much.
Try to keep everything in perspective and dont let on that his life bother you so much. Obviously everyone would like to be making the money he makes. He didnt do something that NO ONE else can do. EVERYONE has the potential to do what he did.

I am not a fan of the bands he produces, but it is inspiring to see that someone can build something out of nothing like he did. I think that gets to everyone too much. Dont let it. It could very well be you in that situation....then I guarantee you'd feel much different.

Everyone should be proud of what they have accomplished. Targeting someone for having success is just stupid...and comes off very childish.
We should take pride in the success that forum members have, not bash them down because its not us.

Hopefully im not bitched at OR banned because I didnt post "Fuck Joey in the face!"
I look at things objectively, and am happy that there are members here doing well. There are many of you.

Didn't we have the same epidemic just before we voted for Lasse to become a mod? I thought people would learn not to feed the trolls and blow things out of proportion. There will always be 'that guy' who's spamming the place up, you just need to remember about the lovely function this forum offers:

Add ******* to Your Ignore List

See other thread for reply .......

FYI Keith ... I love ya man but double posting is a douche bag move :p

Douchebag move? WHy, i saw this after I posted and thought it was more relevant here. Im not able to delete my other post. Sorry dude.
Im still confused on why "double posting" is a douchebag move...you realize this is just the internet right? I didnt slap anyones grandmother.....

Maybe I Just dont take the net as seriously as some. Im sorry Jason. I wont post on your threads again dude.

Note to self: Its only good to post if you agree with the OP. Lesson learned.

Great comeback!! that's awesome made me laugh haha

@ KeithReyn

Dude are you serious? I for example never got a band asking for "joey sturgis" style. And you pretty much make invalid points throughout, I didn't even bother reading that whole post.
Jealously? Who are you to say anyone is jealous? Joey IS a top notch producer, PERIOD. But this forum is about GENERAL production tips and techniques and sharing information between fellow engineers and lately this has become a "GUIZE HOW CAN I GET THIS REVERB LIKE JOEY ON SONG "X" ON ALBUM "Y"? I CANT DO IT WITHOUT CLIPPING" "GUIZE POST SCREENSHOTS AND PRESETS ON HOW TO PROCESS A SINGLE FUCKING KICK" are you FUCKING SERIOUS? If you dont know how to process a KICK how the fuck do you even call yourself an engineer??!?!!?!?!?!?!? It just baffles me...

This is NOT ABOUT JOEY, but about the JOEY FANBOYISM, these little kids in their macbooks with cracked waves plugins with those m-audio monitors that you plug in through usb that think they'll be pros by copying presets.

Done.

I fail to see how this is a negative thing in any way. If Joey has enough fans and name to warrant his own forum because so many people are interested in his work, how exactly is it a bad thing that someone devotes an entire discussion board for him? No-one's said Joey shouldn't post here, and I can't imagine anyone even thinks so, this new forum is just a place for people interested in Joey's work just as much as this forum is for people interested in Andy's.

It should be a compliment, for fuck's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.