(Uber Rant) - DO NOT READ!

guitarguru777

Nov 13, 2003
Las Vegas
www.jasonconstantine.com
(first let me say this is not directed at anyone who has any sort of valuable input in this forum. You know who you are!)

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT I FUCKING HATE ALL THESE SHIT FACED COCK SUCKING EMO LISTENING CHUGGA CHIGGA BREE BREEE MOTHER FUCKERS INFESTING OUR BELOVED FUCKING FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so taking a long vacation from this place. Nothing pisses me off more then giving someone advice and then they turn around and go, ya no thats not how I do it....... OMG .... DUDE WTF!

YOU FUCKING ASKED FOR ADVICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I have to hear more more fucking periperhery / meshugga clone post on this fucking forum, or one more "how to joey sturgis" I am gonna fucking go insane!

I am so tempted to make us a forum and lock everyone out but Andy, James, Lasse, J, and all the original posters, and lock everyone else the fuck out its not even funny.

This place has turned into a shitfest! Every fucking day there are more posts about things that are OFF TOPIC in places that arent for OFF TOPIC shit on this forum.

I think we need to completely eliminate the "Rate My Mix" thread. Its been infested with shit advice, crap music, and even shittier productions. I am really thinking Andy just needs to shut the place down. This place was the shit when there were only 50 or so of us posting and bantering about gear and mixes. There is almost no valuable content thats been posted in the last year.

maybe we need to import some form of "if you dont have more then 1000 posts on UM you cant post here rule". I dont know just thinking out loud here .... I know I am not the only one that feels this way, I know I am not the only one that is sick and tired. I just dont know what to do .... so I am venting.

(Lasse if anyone starts any shit over this I am just going to ask you to delete the thread, I just needed to get this out!)

This is why i essentially have left all parts of this forum but the main forum and the off topic tavern.

I'm 50/50! The rate my mix section is pretty much a no go for me nowadays... nothing remotely close to what I want to check out or comment on or relative to anything I would ever mix etc...

Usually I'm all up on the OT and main page.. then equipment! When there isn't an AXE FX vs Real amp war haha!

I saw the post you were referring to and man you wouldn't think it would be that difficult to point out that mastering is essentially just the cherry on top of the cake not a major surgical eq corrective procedure.

Well, if this rant was started by the thread I'm thinking off, then all I can say that from my perspective you gave the guy highly questionable advice, and when the dude neglected it you went postal. and I mean way over the line.

Maybe a break might do you good.

Öwen;9219365 said:
I saw the post you were referring to and man you wouldn't think it would be that difficult to point out that mastering is essentially just the cherry on top of the cake not a major surgical eq corrective procedure.

I may have gona bit overboard in that last post there, but I think the first one was extremely valid .... anyway.....

For those of you who dont have it:
jcohenlv at the mail that starts with G
masterjc86 on YIM
jason.constantiness on skype

Just have to tune your filter a bit more tightly here these days. It's easy to mis-step and ensue facepalmeage, but if you can moderate your use of the board, chances are you can learn to appreciate the 2 or 3 decent threads per day that it gets.

Btw just started reading that thread, the kid really is a total asshole and I hope his mom hits him

That's probably the problem to begin with. :loco:

That particular type of poster is more ultimate-guitar caliber though I have to say, posters that act like they want an opinion then get all upset or dismissive when they actually get one; just twats wanting their ego stroked, waste of space.