(Uber Rant) - DO NOT READ!

Yeah that was a bunch of idiocy on the OPs part. Glad I missed it.

I also have stopped bothering with a bunch of the forum. I'll post something in the rate my mix section and all the n00bs want us to listen to their shit, but I get maybe 8 views and 0 replies. So ultimately that sub forum is a waste of space to me.

Well, if this rant was started by the thread I'm thinking off, then all I can say that from my perspective you gave the guy highly questionable advice, and when the dude neglected it you went postal. and I mean way over the line.

Maybe a break might do you good.

Yeah, that's what I took from it... guitarguru acted holier than though in a thread with a guy saying "Messing with x FOR THE FIRST TIME".

Sorry man, but you (guitar guru) came across as the one with the problem.

While he may have retaliated in the deleted posts, I don't know/care but from the start, the guy asked advice then guitarguru launched in about how he knows nothing, when... from the thread title, the guy laid it out clear from the start that he had no prior experience with it.

The issue is that now most of the old timers on this forum have gotten to a stage of being in the range of passable->very good, egos appear to have come with that and they're not blasting the new-newcomers for having been outside prior to finding this forum.

The simple fact of the matter Gavin is that he asked for advice, then when I gave him advice he basically said 'the mastering will fix that". My first reply was simple ... umm dude no, that's incorrect. Then he proceeded to tell me he doesn't give a crap about advice. It was at that point I went off stating he shouldn't have posted in the first place if he didn't want advice.

Plain and simple the forum is getting out of hand with people posting shit that's worthless. If you even bothered listening to the MP3 he posted you would know "mastering" wasn't going to fix the problems like he thought. That's the point of the entire thing. He made a statement and I tried to explain to him he was incorrect, at that point I was met with the hand in the face saying STFU. At that point I exploded on him.

Other people here in the thread get it, obviously you don't see it that way. Apples and Oranges dude, Apples and Oranges.

in Jason's defense, when he offered advice the kid came back with "I don't Eq cause I leave that for mastering" and just wouldn't get in his head how mastering will not fix a mix. I did not see the deleted posts either, and yes he went nuts, I guess he's tired of the same thing (some thread with NSguitar just a couple weeks ago ended in the same reaction) so I understand if he wants to leave/take a break.