RANT - Dont Read If You Dont Like Rants

I think the main problem is that after like a fucking year of debating whether to add more sub-forums and blah blah blah because the community's swelling in size by the day, nothing has actually been done, no tests, no trials, no nothing. Just an endless stalemate.
A forum's userbase grows, the forum needs to grow to accomodate said userbase, and it's getting to the point where it's turning into a clusterfuck because there isn't enough options as to what goes where and what gets discussed in what section.

The andy sneap forum has transcended being, well, an andy sneap forum. It's not just a bunch of guys sucking TGE's dick anymore (no offense intended to those who like TGE or anything ^_^) it's become a massive community of experienced producers, bedroom producers, hobbyists, project studio owners, songwriters, composers, plugin developers, all going about their shit with different ideals and methodologies.
This is not just "the sneap forum," it's far bigger than that now, and means far more than that to a lot of people.

Isn't it about time the basic layout of the forum caught up to that?

I mean, fuck it, yes, if more subforums are added, there will be a bigger degree of segregation, but look at what's been happening anyway. A lot of us have expressed a massive distaste for the actual music and production based subforums because it's become a clusterfuck of pod and slate and new guys asking HOW DO MIX DRUMS HURR FUCKING DURR, and thus we stop going there and instead spend our time dicking about and shooting the shit in this subforum.
I personally, would like to begin using the rest of the forum again, but I quite franly cannot bring myself to sift through all the shit in the other subforums.
I mean, I'm taking a break from mixing right now, but when I come back to it, I want to be looking at amps, mics, cabs, the intricacies and nitty gritty of this recording shit. Others may want to take a different approach and right now we're practically stuffing the jews and the nazis in an enclosed environment and leaving them to try and get along and it's not working.

That's my 2 cents.

I think the main problem is that after like a fucking year of debating whether to add more sub-forums and blah blah blah because the community's swelling in size by the day, nothing has actually been done, no tests, no trials, no nothing. Just an endless stalemate.
A forum's userbase grows, the forum needs to grow to accomodate said userbase, and it's getting to the point where it's turning into a clusterfuck because there isn't enough options as to what goes where and what gets discussed in what section.

The andy sneap forum has transcended being, well, an andy sneap forum. It's not just a bunch of guys sucking TGE's dick anymore (no offense intended to those who like TGE or anything ^_^) it's become a massive community of experienced producers, bedroom producers, hobbyists, project studio owners, songwriters, composers, plugin developers, all going about their shit with different ideals and methodologies.
This is not just "the sneap forum," it's far bigger than that now, and means far more than that to a lot of people.

Isn't it about time the basic layout of the forum caught up to that?

I mean, fuck it, yes, if more subforums are added, there will be a bigger degree of segregation, but look at what's been happening anyway. A lot of us have expressed a massive distaste for the actual music and production based subforums because it's become a clusterfuck of pod and slate and new guys asking HOW DO MIX DRUMS HURR FUCKING DURR, and thus we stop going there and instead spend our time dicking about and shooting the shit in this subforum.
I personally, would like to begin using the rest of the forum again, but I quite franly cannot bring myself to sift through all the shit in the other subforums.
I mean, I'm taking a break from mixing right now, but when I come back to it, I want to be looking at amps, mics, cabs, the intricacies and nitty gritty of this recording shit. Others may want to take a different approach and right now we're practically stuffing the jews and the nazis in an enclosed environment and leaving them to try and get along and it's not working.

That's my 2 cents.

You may want to change your sig then. :eek:

hehe

i have afew messages regarding my Superior 2 preset.. doesn't really bother me, i feel rather honored that people ask me about it, hahaha. but gets really annoying when they want to know every exactly detail... :mad:

+1 to more subforums at this point!

1 for the noobs (where they can do whatever they want)
and they can post the same questions over and over, and we guys
dont ever have to bother with that shit again.

then for the pro/advaned forums :
i think there should be a certain number of posts before you can start a thread
on the "advanced" forums.

i feel that the great threads get lost because noobs dont care about psychology, about outboard equipment and about real songwriting. its basically just about presets. every kid offers "recording" with cracked software.
these kids make the advanced guys here loose interest.

i switched over to gearslutz a while back cause the advanced stuff gets ignored here (for example my semi automatic drum editing in nuendo, or my advanced transient tutorial).

lets put value back into this place so we all can go :popcorn: