I dont give a piss - New Guilty Pleasure Adele ..OMG

I FUCKING HATE ADELE.

I hate her voice, her vocal style, a bit of her (theres a lot of her to hate). I hate her vibrato, I disklike her generally and quite frankly the fat bitch's emo song/songs really get on my tits. When I hear the opening piano lick of doom, I grab my ear defenders in fear of what is about to be bestowed up me.

Old mate of mine is now her other half , pretty fucking funny seeing him at the Grammys last night !

Woah, I decided to finally listen to one of her songs today because I thought "maybe you'll like it". Well, I'm gonna have to agree with Cryo and grywolf.. can't stand the voice - at all. And I don't like the songs or the arrangements either. But to each is own I guess, at least I tried to like her ;)

Who I think has an amazing voice and ridiculous skills on pretty much any instrument that was ever invented (especially the harp) is her: (vocals start at 1:24)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcjLAoEYhBo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-iIPruIdSg&feature=related
Our lecturer showed this live concert to us because it was a good example for an incredible surround (5.1) mix - remember it's completely live - and I am actually thinking about getting the CD.

WOW! She has an amazing voice, and cool songs too.

On topic: I can't really stand Adele either.

yeah Adele is great, no secret about that...dunno why it should be called a guilty pleasure at all.

I also have a friend who says he can't stand her voice...I absolute got no understanding for that, cant relate to that the slightest bit :lol:
But some just find it "scratchy" and annoying *shrug*
But I guess I dig that kind of voices...it's also what I dig about Ellie Goulding, even if I'm usually not huge on electro pop stuff.

^first time I heared a song of her I thought it was katy perry...have only heared one song so far that is on the tv around here tho...

Around here, she's actually transcended the point of being "unmanly". It's actually considered almost a crime if you don't like Adele.

Personally, I think she's amazing. Great singer, and an AMAZING songwriter. Her last album, 21, is the first album that I've sat back and thought "Wow, this album was written very well."

Oh adele.. I respect her talent, but tbh the music does not do much for me.
I mean I sometimes listen to some of her songs, but I dont get the crazy mad hype there is for her.

Something about her voice also annoys me a bit, there is some kind of "edge" on it for a lack of better word that I dont find to pleasing (and im a big fan of unique voices, heck I think cocorosie is amazing ;)).

Meh I thinks that's kind of the point with Adele from a marketing standpoint. She is a "real" musician and they try to parade that around because it's not exactly a common occurrence in the mainstream. I resent her fans a little because it seems they are latching on to her simply because she actually knows how to sing. I don't think she deserves to be revered just because OTHER artists are phonies. Sure, she can actually sing and play a few instruments but that's kind of her job lol I don't like the music so I find a hard time giving her props. However, as a human being, she is certainly less repulsive than most "artists" In the mainstream lol

Can't stand her either. I kinda have something against here kind of music (Indy goes mainstream). And me being a singer myself can't stand the fact of her bad vocal technique, because you can CLEARLY here her throat while maintaining the notes, and no it's not a scratchy kind of nice tone. I'm almost certain that when she gets older if she doesn't change her technique she'll surely lose a bit of here voice when she gets older. And there's something about her i can't stand XD in general. XD I didn't even knew she was that famous till now. A friend of mine showed me one of her songs and 30 seconds in I couldn't stand it. But she DOES sing nice for the style i guess, hopefully i'm wrong about her technique.

Oh adele.. I respect her talent, but tbh the music does not do much for me.
I mean I sometimes listen to some of her songs, but I dont get the crazy mad hype there is for her.

Something about her voice also annoys me a bit, there is some kind of "edge" on it for a lack of better word that I dont find to pleasing (and im a big fan of unique voices, heck I think cocorosie is amazing ;)).

I totally understand you, its also how I would describe her voice ! I like it but when she pushes her "ah" or "oh" vowels, it's not smooth anymore. It's really nitpicking though, I enjoy her voice overall

Generic as fuck, the hook is really shitty. she sounds like a wanna be rihanna ..... pointless.

lalalallalalalalal= I cant think of any words so ill just fuck off ....

m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-mm- money .... ugh ... retarded

Clearly you cant hear a good voice if smashes you in the face !
I don't care for her music (generic or not ) but she can fucking sing and if you can't hear any vocal talent there , your in the wrong job .

I was so bummed that this song didn't win the Eurovision song contest in 2009, it was in second place. The cool thing with Eurovision that many may not know that the rules enforce music playback but disallow lip-synching, so the singers there are usually really good:

...or just totally awful:

Last edited by a moderator: