I've been in america nearly 2 weeks...

Ah yes, you feel my pain. I was recently in NY and went to the Virgin Megastore in Times Square just to see if they had any of my bands. For Opeth, they only had BP (of course i already have all of them :) ). I ended up buying CDs I don't need just because I was so excited I didn't have to import them. Anyway, welcome. Where are you?

Seems to be some extremely metal deprived areas of this country. Opeth can be found at nearly any CD store in the malls, not to mention several independent stores. Within walking distance from me is an independent CD store called 'School Kids Records' that has an entire wall of underground metal, including shirts (Opeth, Anathema, Arcturus etc etc..). They always have the new releases including vinyls (like "Discouraged Ones" gatefold LP etc). I know these type of stores aren't everywhere, but there are TWO of these stores (another one having an even larger selection) in North Carolina.. and this isn't a very populus state either. Weird.

Opeth can be found at nearly any CD store in the malls, not to mention several independent stores. Within walking distance from me is an independent CD store called 'School Kids Records' that has an entire wall of underground metal, including shirts (Opeth, Anathema, Arcturus etc etc..).

You are extremely lucky. And I am extremely jealous :cry:

After winning Blackwater Park from the Opeth contest, I ordered their entire library on CDNow.com. That's why I like the internet - can find almost anything, and usually pretty fast too. You just have to trust the seller.

Amen to that. I wouldn't know who Opeth was yet if I didn't have the internet. :)

Try living in Oklahoma...UGH..I have to drive 90 miles to get to Tulsa, and there I can find good stuff, but with a wife and 3 kids, I do not get to go there much anymore...but thank god for the net....

Here in New Jersey there's a store called Vintage Vinyl about 30 min. away from me and they have plenty of hard to find metal, including alot of imports. There prices are really good too. Last time I was there that had every Opeth cd including normal Morningrise and the one with the bonus track. They even had some promotional stuff for blackwater park up around the store.

Here in Southern California we used to have Wild Rags, but I guess the guy didnt pay taxes so as far as I know thats been closed for awhile. Theres Dark Realm Records down here too in Downey, and they have a pretty good selection, I actually found Vader-Sothis there when I couldnt find it anywhere. All their shirts are fake though.

I have only seen My Arms, Your Hearse, Still Life, and Blackwater Park in stores here. :( But fortunately I havn't been around enough, and havn't been to very many stores, so I am sure they are out there, cause Austin is a great music city...