I've come to the conclusion that "WHAT THE HELL?!"

lilhermiejobo

Mar 6, 2007
Here is a re-cap of the news today.

Fourteen people were killed, probably including the gunman, and four were critically injured during a massacre at a civic center in Binghamton, New York, police said Friday.
It is the fourth mass shooting in the US in as many weeks.

In North Carolina last Sunday, a 45-year-old man slaughtered 10 people in a nursing home.

On March 10, a 28-year-old man in Alabama killed 10 people, including his own mother, before taking his own life.

A few days later in Miami, a man shot and killed five people, including his estranged wife and himself.

A teenager has been sentenced to life in prison for beating his mother to death with a baseball bat after an argument over his grades.

A woman who believes she was being stalked by a cult has been charged with stabbing her two-year-old daughter 100 times with scissors, her lawyer and police have said, and can be heard yelling "Die! Die!" on an emergency call.

A Jamaica-sized ice shelf is close to wrenching itself away from Antarctica, following dramatic weakening of an ice "bridge" linking it to the continent, the European Space Agency (ESA) reports.
The icy umbilical cord tying the Wilkins Ice Shelf to two islands on the Antarctic peninsula "looks set to collapse", ESA says.

Police say a mother drugged her 13-year-old daughter so the woman's boyfriend could get the girl pregnant.
Police say 32-year-old Shana Brown is no longer able to have children, but wanted a baby with her boyfriend

The Washington Ballet was reeling yesterday from the death of one of its Studio Company members, who was hit by a car on Friday after a performance at Harford Community College in Bel Air Md.

The death toll from bushfires in southeastern Australia has risen to 210, police in the state of Victoria said.

Its devastatingly saddening that this is so common to read or hear about on any given day of the week. Its no wonder that people become desensitized to it when this sort of news is as common as a cup of coffee.
Its a bit overwhelming.

Yeah, I go to school about an hour from Binghamton, so it was all over the news today - pretty awful stuff, but then again, what doesn't get reported as often is all the good that people in the world are doing too (cuz it doesn't sell), so don't lose hope!

More people should just kill themselves instead of taking others with them.

And what station are you watching that reports more good news than bad?!?!?!?

Yeah, I go to school about an hour from Binghamton, so it was all over the news today - pretty awful stuff, but then again, what doesn't get reported as often is all the good that people in the world are doing too (cuz it doesn't sell), so don't lose hope!

I feel ya, man. I've noticed the media trend slipping in 1 happy ending for every 5 to 10 horror stories. Its pretty disheartening knowing that a strong possibility for these sort of stories being spread is due to the desensitization (spell check?) of them, by them and their likes. Thank you for the encouragement, though. I'm not about to give up hope or anything silly like that and honestly on a day to day basis I usually dont allow myself much time to dwell on these sorts of things because I'm preoccupied trying to survive (mostly financially) and provide security for my family. Moreso its when the weekend hits and I have a bit of down-time when things hit home and its just like "damn".

More people should just kill themselves instead of taking others with them.

And what station are you watching that reports more good news than bad?!?!?!?

fuck the news, fuck society's vain attempts at trying to fix everything. its all bullshit.

This is exactly the desensitization that I'm talking about. Its become too easy to just go "oh well" *shrug*. I'm not implying myself or anyone in particular going on a crusade to fix everything since that idea in itself really is a far stretch from home.
I'd be a liar if I said I, too dont say "that sucks, but I cant do anything about it anyway". I'd also be a liar if I said I dont care and dream of having a hand in some world-wide revolution that initiates change for a better tomorrow.
Crap, now I'm starting to feel like one of those dickheads who run for president.

lilhermiejobo, I hear you man, but I feel if someone wants to die, they have every right. There's no need for them to play judge, jury, and executioner for others in the process.