ive had a really really bad day

Moonlapse said:
I'm running an AMD, and have had no major problem.

Ah well then it must be my computer is too slow right? I'd like you all to send email to my wife saying my computer is too slow and needs some serious cash infusions so that her hubby is not ashamed that he's having trouble recording on his pc, and that all the 15 year olds can do it...

Moonlapse said:
:lol: I know how it is, man. I started my PC recording on a 500mhz Celeron. NOT pleasant.

With Cubase, it's important that your soundcard supports ASIO drivers. Does it?

Hmm, lesse, I have a PODxt and a Soundblaster Live, as well as the Tascam. The Tascam definatly supports ASIO,the other I havn't checked. Part of the problem may lie in the fact that I have a PODxt and a USB Tascam hooked up on the same machine. I mean it works, and I can record, but I blue screen every once in a while, whereas before I started the Tascam route, I had no problems and peecee was rock solid. I'm running an AMD 2800.

Hmm, that's really strange. But it isn't uncommon that some devices have USB conflicts. Once a friend of mine had a USB modem that reset his PC at regular intervals.

Have you checked with any technical support, in particular with Tascam?

Moonlapse said:
Hmm, that's really strange. But it isn't uncommon that some devices have USB conflicts. Once a friend of mine had a USB modem that reset his PC at regular intervals.

Have you checked with any technical support, in particular with Tascam?

I checked the forums, thats where I got the "don't use anything but Intel chipset usb, yes especialy you fhare you AMD lovin non-Intel buying cretin" stuff..

I'm fairly certain they also said if I called tech support with my non Intel usb question, Id be due a severe kickin.

what are the advantages/disadv. of both? i use mic in but have to boost the signal after recording... i do mic > soundcard with the mic about a foot from the amp's speakers. regular playing volume. i've tried to plug my GT6 into the soundcard line in or mic in, and lowered the volume many times but i can never quite get a non clipping sound despite changing all the volume settings on every device. also can't get quite as nice a tone presence as with the mic...

To be honest, I don't know. I just run my Boss ME-50 into the soundcard's line-in, using the ME as a sort of preamp to get the signal to line level. I do all the tone processing on the PC itself. I've found if you're on a shitty budget, this is normally the best way to go about it.

Looking for a Job said:
or if you're on an extremely mega shitty budget, plug the cord directly into the soundcard from the guitar. boy that sounds wonderful

That's what I do. I can get a really nice clean tone, but the distortion is always going to sound like crap.

well i have to say im really impressed with cubase, especially with the Amplitube plugin. I only have a zoom707II multi-effects pedal, but if i run that into cubase with the amplitude plugin going, it sounds damn fine. doing some recordings now :)

Well, not necessarily. Some of the more high-end audio interfaces that are geared towards recording will have mic preamps on some of the ins. There's also a few cards I've run into that offer 'instrument ins', making DIing the guitar a bit easier.