I've Seen The Novembers Doom CD At My Local Record Store...

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
...I must say the whole package looks pretty cool. And being on the UltimateMetal.com message boards, you guys must be a decent metal band. Yet I haven't been blessed with a sample of an Novembers Doom song.

Can anyone tell me what kind of music these guys play? Is it melodic? Brutal? Haunting?

I do like haunting...Opeth, Daylight Dies...

I do like melodic...In Flames...

I just don't know...

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
...I must say the whole package looks pretty cool. And being on the UltimateMetal.com message boards, you guys must be a decent metal band. Yet I haven't been blessed with a sample of an Novembers Doom song.

Can anyone tell me what kind of music these guys play? Is it melodic? Brutal? Haunting?

I do like haunting...Opeth, Daylight Dies...

I do like melodic...In Flames...

I just don't know...

You can hear at least two songs from every release at www.mp3.com/novembersdoom

I suggest starting at the top, and working your way down the list!

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:

I could best answer these questions with a yes. Just take a listen to the mp3s. That way you can tell for yourself instead of relying on what other people think.

chupe666 said:
sort of like an ice cream cone.

or when my gf...
nevermind.

eek7.gif

lol.gif

Of Stone Flowers... is found in a lot of record stores around here in Buffalo and that's on Matyr! Bought mine when it came out at Media play, but have seen it at other stores in malls actually. Havent seen any of the DS stuff in stores yet, but i dont go to record stores often either.

I've seen "...Stone Flowers" and "The Knowing" at Newbury Comics locations here, but I still have not seen any copies of TWTF whatsoever aside from the copies that were available in Milwaukee last summer when I got mine. Distributors need to get off of their asses and market the damn thing. It's been long enough. I mean, c'mon.....ND on the cover of Metal Maniacs, and TWTF nowhere to be found in stores? WTF!

OPETH_DT said:
Distributors need to get off of their asses and market the damn thing. It's been long enough. I mean, c'mon.....ND on the cover of Metal Maniacs, and TWTF nowhere to be found in stores? WTF!

AMEN TO THAT. Even if a cd is good, albums dont sell when they aren't properly distributed and pushed. You get the true diehards who will search for it and know where to find it, but an awful lot of people out there still cant find TWTF, and furthermore, alot of people (more casual buyers or cautious ones) still dont utilise the mail order services to buy their cds. Marketing and distribution are incredibly important, I can't emphasize enough...

And to answer Valgalder's question about europe, no we do not have european distribution yet, I sorely regret to say, other than mail order....and yet, we regularly get mail and messages from european fans who have gotten their hands on TWTF and they give us support. To those fans, I hail you infinately! We will get our cds over there to everyone soon, hopefully, and we WILL tour there! Come hell or high water!

OPETH_DT said:
I've seen "...Stone Flowers" and "The Knowing" at Newbury Comics locations here, but I still have not seen any copies of TWTF whatsoever aside from the copies that were available in Milwaukee last summer when I got mine. Distributors need to get off of their asses and market the damn thing. It's been long enough. I mean, c'mon.....ND on the cover of Metal Maniacs, and TWTF nowhere to be found in stores? WTF!
Actually, i think that situation is not necessarily indicative of the rest of the country. I believe Martyr Music Group had a special deal with Newbury Comics to carry their stuff- i remember that as one of Maria's first deals. As for the knowing appearing in there, since Mary's working for Martyr or Hammerheart USA (or whichever it is now, don't sue me if i got it wrong), it's possible she's able to push copies of The Knowing they've obtained through trading with DS (which is how most metal labels do business between each other I'm told) out to Newbury as well. Tower Records was another one that Martyr had/has distribution secured to, I believe.

Just because TWTF is not in Newbury doesn't necessarily mean its not available at more stores, though. Alliance, through which TWTF is being distributed, has gotten it in several stores that sculptured ivy and the knowing were not able to get into (Virgin Megastore, as well as other local stores i've personally seen copies at here in St. Louis like Streetside Records, Vintage Vinyl, etc), so it's not necessarily that it's worse for that record- just different. Maybe Alliance doesn't do business with Newbury- something they might want to check into.

Or maybe they're sold out of it! nah...

Sort of like how the grocery store that's close to my house doesn't carry the good beer, and I have to go to another store. It sucks, but for those interested enough to venture out and find it, it's there someplace.

Grocery stores never have good beer. Hell, neither do the liquor store round here. They just started stocking Blue Moon. But if you need a cheap case of Milwaukee's Best, they got it.

And what I noticed around here is that it depends on who's actually stocking the shelves (the actual stock boy type people). I bought The Knowing at Best Buy. Now they have nothing (seriously, nothing, I only buy classical shit there now). But it is a small town so maybe that matters. Also the Exclusive Co. carrys some ND here too. But again, that's cuz I told a guy I know there to get the new cd in. It was only three copies of TWTF, but they did sell them all, and in GB that's not bad.

I have seen TWTF at Virgin Megastore as well as Rock Records in downtown Chicago, and of course the good little places like Metal Haven carry it. But as far as Best Buy, Musicland, Sam Goofy, Fye (in other words, the mall type record stores that are in most towns/cities across the country) I havent seen any copies of TWTF in any of those places.
And having distribution is a good step but if the label and distributors dont hustle to get store buyers to stock their stores with copies, then it doesn't help matters much.