If Only My Mother Knew The Real Me, Her Heart Would Break, For I Am Shame...

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
I went to my local record store, looking for some recommendations. I'm a big Opeth fan, and since getting into them, I have searched for melodic death metal. One of the cool bands I found on this board were Daylight Dies, very sorrowful and epic metal.

So some of the recommendations were two bands, of similar names...Novembre and November's Doom. And when I went into the N Section, I couldn't find Novembre. But I found a copy of November's Doom. A CD entitled, TO WELCOME THE FADE. From what I've heard, Novembre and November's Doom are bands that do not sound alike. So I didn't really know what to expect...but I took a chance.

Wow. Some of the most sensuous riffs I've heard. It has the acoustic and melodic riffs that appeal to me. And fantastic lyrics. One line stuck with me. I don't know why, but I thought it was awesome...

"If Only My Mother Knew The Real Me, Her Heart Would Break, For I Am Shame..."

The song itself, "Not The Strong..." is indeed, a strong opener. How could it get any better? Well, with the followup song, "Broken." Perhaps my favourite. And great clean vocal tracks as well. Very cool stuff. Probably the best find for me since Daylight Dies. I hope to get other CD's from this band.

Thank you much for your kind words. It's always makes me happy to know that the music we create can have some effect of some people. Lyrically, it's impotant to me to me to be able to write from the heart, and mean what I say, so my lyrics can get a bit personal. Our new material gets more involved lyrically once again, and darker yet. I know we all create from our love for the music, and we've remained close to our roots since the original CD release, back in 1995. Hopefully you'll find our other works as rewarding, as well as our future releases.

Try 'The Knowing' next. It's a very moody CD.

(looks at CD booklet)

'Paul Kuhr - Vocals...'

HOLY $#!%!!!

A member of the band responded to my post! Just like Jesse, the drummer for Daylight Dies! This is awesome! You didn't even have to respond! Thanks...and yes! I enjoyed the CD! I've really been enjoying the underground melodic death metal scene, and discovering you guys was another great moment for me. I will try and find THE KNOWING, but the record store I mentioned only had this CD in stock. Hopefully it will be in. I will buy it.

The Knowing is very cool as is Of Sculptured Ivy.. Amid it's Hallowed Mirth has a differenet feel, more of an old school doom but is also a quality cd. But I would recommend The Knowing as your next ND cd. That was my first and probably my fav, with the latest a close 2nd.

I'm trying to collect as many copies of FELTF as possible :)

I would recommend FELTF, but it's out of print... So try OSIASF... It's a great album :)

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
(looks at CD booklet)

'Paul Kuhr - Vocals...'

HOLY $#!%!!!

A member of the band responded to my post! Just like Jesse, the drummer for Daylight Dies! This is awesome! You didn't even have to respond! Thanks...and yes! I enjoyed the CD! I've really been enjoying the underground melodic death metal scene, and discovering you guys was another great moment for me. I will try and find THE KNOWING, but the record store I mentioned only had this CD in stock. Hopefully it will be in. I will buy it.
The band actually post here often(at least the ones that have computers :lol: ).
Eric- chupe666
Larry- NvmbrsDoom5
VIto- BalanceOfPower

And the really cool thing is...that I've been expressing my new-found love for this band after only one CD, and at other message boards people are giving me band recommendations based on the fact that I like "November's Doom-type metal." Which is a good feeling.