Recommended By Opeth Fans

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
There was an earlier post regarding Opeth and similar bands. Most fans of Opeth have absolutely fallen in love with the musicianship and haunting melodies of Opeth and many (myself included) have searched for similar bands but to no avail.

But in this post there were recommendations...like Daylight Dies (a band I already listen to) and some other stuff like Porcupine Tree, and even Camel (by the way, Camel rule).

But alot of them recommended Novembre. This was quite impressive to me. For most of the times that I've tried a band that had multiple recommendations, I've become big fans of.

I'm wondering what this band is about...

Do they have the awesome melodic guitars of Opeth, early In Flames, and other Gothenburg bands?

And are they similar to the other Novemrbe band...Novembre's Doom?

Thanks, everyone!

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
There was an earlier post regarding Opeth and similar bands. Most fans of Opeth have absolutely fallen in love with the musicianship and haunting melodies of Opeth and many (myself included) have searched for similar bands but to no avail.

But in this post there were recommendations...like Daylight Dies (a band I already listen to) and some other stuff like Porcupine Tree, and even Camel (by the way, Camel rule).

But alot of them recommended Novembre. This was quite impressive to me. For most of the times that I've tried a band that had multiple recommendations, I've become big fans of.

I'm wondering what this band is about...

Do they have the awesome melodic guitars of Opeth, early In Flames, and other Gothenburg bands?

And are they similar to the other Novemrbe band...Novembre's Doom?

Thanks, everyone!

No, they're not really similar to November's Doom. I guess they have a few aspects in common, but basically only the same things that they also have in common with Opeth. I'd describe them as a more flowery, lush, and organic sounding Opeth (on Novembrine Waltz, at least). Before that I guess they were more sinewy and had some black metal influence at times. They're hard to describe, I'd just buy Classica and Novembrine Waltz immediately (or download them first if you're that kind of person). The songs on mp3.com give a moderately decent overview, but only of their darker stuff...sometimes they have beautiful (and almost happy) sounding songs about nature and such. :p Whatever. Check them out or you'll regret it forever.

Opeth are the better band pound for pound, but they've never released an album as good as 'Novembrine Waltz'....

Check your timing ;-) Apart from that, I agree somewhat - Opeth I would call more agressive than Novembre, but not more melancholic. That is said excluding the Damnation album.

I think that Novembre is the most melancholic and nostalgic band out there, music and lyrics wise.

The only songs that raise a little hope are Homecoming, Argentic, bits of Everasia and bits of Nothijngrad.