jackson rr3, thinking of buying one

KenShiRo

Guitar God
Aug 28, 2004
England
been learning guitar for a few months now, i've been borrowing my mates old bc rich warlock bronze and it weights a ton, i saw a jackson rr3 in a shop and i tried it and really liked it, was just wonder of everyone elses opinions on it

like whats the licenced floyd rose on it like? the guitar costs about £360 (british) on the net, was wondering if anyone knew of a guitar that would give me more for my money although i do like the position of the neck while sitting down playing it

oh and how easy would it be to change the pickups in the future, say from the cheap seymour duncans to some good seymour or to active emgs like an 81 and an 85

I think you can get better guitars...
And i think that for those active emg's you'd need to route the body...but i'm no expert, so don't trust anything I say concerning guitar quality and technical bullshit :p

I dont think you need to route the body to put active emgs in a RR3... Humbuckers are humbuckers, the only difference with EMGS is the ceramic coating on the outside.

The Leper said:
I dont think you need to route the body to put active emgs in a RR3... Humbuckers are humbuckers, the only difference with EMGS is the ceramic coating on the outside.

can you fit the 9v battery in the control cavity? if not, you gotta route the body to put in a battery holder.

i got an js30r. it isnt an rr1 but it is still awesome. i'm not sure it it is better or not but it is like 430 U.S.D. but i love it. it doesn't have the tremeolo system but im not found of them anyway. but if the rr3 is like mine i defiantly recommend it. i was thinking of putting in some seymour jb and jazz pups.

Guys, when it comes to cheap end guitars. Jackson offer you way more for your money than any other company.

Sturdy necks, good body woods, the best licensed floyds youäre gonna get.

thanks gavin, that comment means i'm deffo getting one, although i think i would buy it anyway :p

oh anyone know where i can find a guide about floyd bridges, i know u got the locking nuts at tail end of the guitar (whatever its called) i aint got a clue about the bridge though, i best learn about it so i dont snap a string and look like a muppet :p

-Gavin- said:
Guys, when it comes to cheap end guitars. Jackson offer you way more for your money than any other company.

Sturdy necks, good body woods, the best licensed floyds youäre gonna get.

here here!!! :worship: play the best, FUCK THE REST

^ yea i agree, but try to play one first before you go out and buy one online. make sure you like it, and its what you want. i mean i have a jackson kelly which i installed an 81 and an 85 in, and an ESP neckthru with HZ's, and i used to favor jacksons bolt on feel, but recently i like the ESP and the neckthru, it plays alot smoother for me.

a friend of a friend had this cheapo average guitar with him in a bar after a performance tonight, maple fretboard, oh it was horrible to play on, although i dont think all that jack daniels i'd drank really helped, i dont think i like standard guitar shapes to play with sitting down, probably cos i'm used the shape of this bc rich warlock bronze i've been borrowing for a few months

i tried that jackson rr3 again last weekend, i still think its oh so nice!