Jackson question

benbreeder

New Metal Member
Oct 6, 2005
Hey,

Im thinking of buying a Jackson Rx10D, I wanted to put some EMG 85/81 pups in it, and probably re-paint the body.
It'd be awsome if anyone who owns a Rx10D or knows anything much about them could help me out with a few things?

Is it even worth buying a Rx10D and putting the EMGs in?
Does anyone know a good resorce that can tell me how to paint the body myself?
Can anyone who owns a RX10D and customized it tell me how it worked out, how well it plays and stuff, and maybe a few tips?

That's about it, sorry if i sound like a whore asking all these questions,
but i dont know much at all about customising a guitar.

Cheers.

awwssommeee thanks
i await your replys in anticipation.
oh also is there anway of changing the color of a neck?

benbreeder said:
Hey,

Im thinking of buying a Jackson Rx10D, I wanted to put some EMG 85/81 pups in it, and probably re-paint the body.
It'd be awsome if anyone who owns a Rx10D or knows anything much about them could help me out with a few things?

Is it even worth buying a Rx10D and putting the EMGs in?
Does anyone know a good resorce that can tell me how to paint the body myself?
Can anyone who owns a RX10D and customized it tell me how it worked out, how well it plays and stuff, and maybe a few tips?

That's about it, sorry if i sound like a whore asking all these questions,
but i dont know much at all about customising a guitar.

Cheers.

Me and gavin did this. onmy my second one is "custom." Years ago, in my extreme state of COB fanboyism, i decided to paint my black RX10D's bevels yellow. so, i basically taped the whole guitar with masking tape, except for the part i was going to paint. them i roughed it up a bit with 400 grit sandpaper. then you paint it. for a really finished look, you then spray it with lacquer, and use Stewart Macdonald guitar polish to bring it to a high shine. I'm going to refinish the black one, eventually, and that will be fun.

alright thanks man.
Is the Rx10D worth getting or do you think i'd be better off saving and paying more than twice as much and getting somthing like an RR1?

oh thanks for the info.
A while ago I was looking around for a second hand RR1, but i live in australia and they're very hard to find.
anyone have an idea of where I might find one?

benbreeder said:
oh thanks for the info.
A while ago I was looking around for a second hand RR1, but i live in australia and they're very hard to find.
anyone have an idea of where I might find one?

place would be ebay, good luck.

bobvex said:
Me and gavin did this. onmy my second one is "custom." Years ago, in my extreme state of COB fanboyism, i decided to paint my black RX10D's bevels yellow. so, i basically taped the whole guitar with masking tape, except for the part i was going to paint. them i roughed it up a bit with 400 grit sandpaper. then you paint it. for a really finished look, you then spray it with lacquer, and use Stewart Macdonald guitar polish to bring it to a high shine. I'm going to refinish the black one, eventually, and that will be fun.
YEARS ago?
man, i remember you posting the progress pics, it wasn't that long ago :p

i've changed the pickups on mine(just need to reconnect the input jack, since i just got the guitar back about a month ago, and i don't have soldering iron to do it), and haven't done the new paint on it

to tell you the truth, i like symore duncan better then emg...

i have a dimebucker on the bridge and a duncan distortion on the neck, it is crystal clear and i couldnt be happier.

Zygote said:
to tell you the truth, i like symore duncan better then emg...

i have a dimebucker on the bridge and a duncan distortion on the neck, it is crystal clear and i couldnt be happier.
dimebucker sounds like shit. the x2n is much much better, and i've compared them side by side in my own rig.

Elysian893 said:
dimebucker sounds like shit. the x2n is much much better, and i've compared them side by side in my own rig.

dimebucker sounds like shit??? are u fucking kidding me? I went through 6 different bridge pickups (livewire,emgs, full shred, livewire metal, etc.) and dimebucker blew everything outta the water.

But thats on a BC rich, so you may be right about a dimebucker on jacksons.

Zygote said:
dimebucker sounds like shit??? are u fucking kidding me? I went through 6 different bridge pickups (livewire,emgs, full shred, livewire metal, etc.) and dimebucker blew everything outta the water.

But thats on a BC rich, so you may be right about a dimebucker on jacksons.
you tried 6 shittier pickups. the dimebucker was actually in a very limited run plaid yamaha, with an alder body and maple neck, just like my Rhoads V, and my rhoads v blew it out of the water, it was hotter, harmonics rang out better, it was brighter. its just better all around. and my washburn even sounds better, with the x2n in it, and the washburn is mahogony bodied, but its a bit more boomy than the Rhoads V. try an x2n, you'll throw your dimbucker in the trash.