Jackson Warrior XT

iseesmurfs420

Opethian
Jan 25, 2004
I was thinking of buying one of these and I was wondering what pick ups would give me that bodom like sound. I already have a les paul and am doing the sh-4 sh-2 combo for more heavy metal but I want this one to be more like bodom what are your suggestions?

The warrior is the only jackson I really like... it's so comfy to play, and it looks raddd!

I want an old-school Jackson Warrior with the slanted end of the fretboard, and slanted pickups, neck-thru... *drools*

I guess ill just go for the 85 ive never got pickups before I just have stock so Im sure anything will sound better thanks for the help

alexi used to have a 81 in the bridge (his jackson rr had only 1 bridge humbucker) and now his esp has a shitty emg-hz passive............................. dunno about roope (yet)

hey dude, i have a jackson warrior too. it's a great guitar, great neck and a great shape. pickups? put a 81 in the bridge and an 85 in the neck and you you're warriro will br ready to fight (sorry)

um alexi never used any active emgs. Both him and roope used jackson j50bc's with jackson gainboosts. You can clearly see the logos on the closeups, and alexi said he doesnt like emgs in an interview because they lack tone or something. I think it was translated from english into normal german on the site i found it on and then i used babel fish to put it back into english so the wording was strange. http://www.scene.sci.fi/waltari/roope.htm

P.S. I advise you to stay away from emg's unless you have some kind of rack wall, they are sterile and have no good cleans whatsoever. The attack makes cleans sound like BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM when you pick notes.

I use an EMG 85 in the birdge ofa and an 89 in the neck of my RR and it sounds fcking heavy! I was managing to drive a fender head with those at rehearsal man!

I was playing my emgs through my friends fender the other day, they were pretty clear but it sounded like crap tonally, especially clean, compared to his strat with lace sensors..

81 is reaslly high output while 85 is warmer in the neck. i personally dont like having 2 EMG's because i do alot of clean passages, so i'd put an EMG 81 in the prodge and something passive in the neck.

youd have to put a gainboost on the neck pup if you use a passive there with an 81 in the bridge so their output would be equal, unless you never ever use it for anything distorted.

I rarely play clean passages so i love high output. Thats not to say i DONT play clean but hey, Zakk Wylde can manage with an 81/85 througha JCM 800 to pull off clean.

Poof Daddy said:
youd have to put a gainboost on the neck pup if you use a passive there with an 81 in the bridge so their output would be equal, unless you never ever use it for anything distorted.
thats what i do. . .HZ in the bridge, with pa2 Boosterit really comes out on Tube amps though. . .

Poof Daddy said:

yeah, i never use my neck for leads or anything, so i can manage.