Jacob Hansen sound?

Well, I'm thinking about a couple of questions, in the meantime, I want to congratulate with Jacob for its amazing work...

The hours that remain it's one of those album that blew my mind since the first second i heard a note... Songs are amazing but production it's the thing that really inspired me a lot.. Great Album

Hey Jacob, Tom here (DeadHead).

Nice to hear from you.

Jacob's snare has a lot to do with his recording room that has an amazing natural reverb to it.

Congrats on the new Heathen. Love the guitars, that would be the Peavey XXX from Lee Altus? Did you record the guitars?

Cheers,

Tom

thanks for the info!
i'm really digging the mercenary-THTR, as well as neaera's armamentarium. mind sharing any further info on the latter? ;-) sounds massive, i'm really digging how the bass sits in the mix.

this is one of my favorite albums. thanks for the info! it may be performance based but these are some of my go-to tones.

the vocals on this album sound great. i would love to see the processing chain on them

Hey Jacob, can you elaborate a bit on mic placement for guitars for the mercenary album. I know you said you used the 421 but how did you (or normally) go about placing it in relation to the cone?

Thanks.

Anyone have listened Cryoshell album?
Mix wise it's beautifull!!! Love new Jacobs sound direction...

Thread from the dead..

When you guys are talking about amps (5150 + Recto for example) Are the two amps on each guitar track, or one amp on both Left gtrs and the other amp on both Right ones or even, 5150 Left1 + Recto Left2 / 5150 Right1 + Recto Right2 ???

I tried myself and I tend to use the same sound for all the rhythm guitars (one amp for all gtrs) tho having a different sound to each side fits sometimes better the music (two different rigs)