Nice Jacob Hansen interview

Great stuff, thanks! Love his work.

What are some great examples of records he's worked on?

Mercenary - anything! Awesome music, killer production. Funny he mentions working on 'historic' albums; to me the Mercenary stuff is future classic material.

His Svartsot record was really cool too.

md21 on snare btw... pretty weird choice, but sounds great.

If anybody has questions i can check them right now :)

What and where does he place room mics? Seems to be an important part of his drumsounds. Thanks!

He said me he usually use the OH's half cymbals and half room...they are hi-passed at 100Hz-150Hz.
Anyway I'm interested on this question too...does he uses other room mics?

Jacon Hansen is an awesome producer. I like almost everything he did. He's got a very strong personnality, and the way he makes sound the vocals just SLAYS.

There's another danish producer, also called Hansen (Tommy), who's got more than a good ear to create larger-than-life vocals. You should listen to "The Devil's Hall of Fame" by Beyond Twilight. Jorn Lande never sounded so good.

@ Ermin: Hatespheres (mixed by Tue), Pestilence, Yrkoon... And probably more interesting from your point view last Cryoshell.

Some of the cymbal spotmicing.. there is more though..
hansen1.png

hansen2.png

hansen3.png

Toms/snare.
hansen4.png

hansen5.png

X/Y on overheads.
hasnen6.png

Ribbon roommic. this one is a little closer to the kit and in the middle, and there are 2 neumanns up on waiste height more up in the corners further from the kit.
hansen7.png

Neumann in one of the corners.
hansen8.png

how the ribbon is placed in the middle..
hansen9.png

no prob, ask away, im here now anyway..
d6 inside the kick btw.

also did some bass today:

The axe of choice, musicman stingray 5.
268452_10150302061435649_790380648_9024134_6659541_n.jpg

And my new amptweakers endorsement thingy, cool bass dist.
264010_10150302065910649_790380648_9024195_7738569_n.jpg
[/quote]

Any reason why Dirk isn't drumming on this one? Is he not involved with Aborted anymore?

We were confident enough to work with little frodo when we heard it was gonna take longer before we could enter with dirk.
What ken just pulled out of his ass drumming wise is just amazing on this one.

were on bass and guitars now.. first vocals today aswell.

cool and interesting pics ! Maybe you can post some pics about the guitar setup ?
Do my complements to svenne from lander (leptotrichia)

cheers and good luck with the recordings