Jag Panzer is sick!!

demetman

New Metal Member
Feb 22, 2008
:headbang::headbang::headbang:Wow, I have just discovered this amazing band in recent attempts to find some different music. Born in 1974 the eighties and nineties were a very special time for me musically. Black Sabbath, Maiden. Dio, Malmsteen, Metallica, Metal Church etc.. I have recently discovered Thane To The Thrown and thoroughly enjoyed every song on it. Mechanized Warfare is now on my top metal albums off all time! Track 3 Unworthy gives me crazy goosbumps every time I hear the some. The guitar riffing is beautiful and Harry Conklin has an extraordinary voice that really works for me. I guess this is random props for creating such incredible music.

Stay heavy

Demetman

The first panzer song i heard was take to the sky , i loved it so much i bought the mechanized warfare album and loved every fuckin song on that album ...5 stars every one! I bought thane to the throne next and then casting the stones........5 stars for every damn song......these guys are truly amazing , and mechanized warfare is my favourite album of all time........I love that cleanse my spirit line from Unworthy, Conklin can't get any better

Thanks for the warm welcome! A couple of questions if I may? How the hell does a band this good stay under the radar. A band united creating music of this calibur since the early eighties? Is Jag Panzer active today and what is this live album that has not been released due to lack of record company support and finances? Could there possibly be any studio released in the band's future?

I recently purchased and have been thoroughly enjoying "Decade Of The Nail-Spiked Bat". Is this a compilation of mostly older tracks? Every single song on this 2CD disc blows me away. Reign Of Tyrants, (Under The Knife) is such a cool song! This shit is like discovering King Diamond/Mercyful Fate all over again.(KD is my all time favorite music, and I worship Mike Wead's amazing abilities as a guitarist and superb musicianship). Sorry for the rant, just trying to show my new found respect for JP. Forsaken is a soul toucher of a song and I can't wait to hear Forsaken Child to see how this tune evolved into what it is. WARFARE! WARFARE! WARFARE! Man, I really feel like a geek all amped out and ranting about this music but I need to get it out.

What CD sould I purchase next to properly aquire JP's catalog. My introduction to JP were with Casting The Stones and Mechanized Warfare followed by Thane To The Throne then Decade Of The Nail-Spiked Bat. I guess I'm all over the place and any album with work next ha? Thanks in advance for any info and all suggestions. Oh, have I mentioned how incredible Mechanized Warfare is? MASTERPIECE!

Stay Heavy,

Demetman

I will try to answer some of these...
How the hell does a band this good stay under the radar?
- Well, the music industry is bullshit. The major labels get away with shoving whatever they decide is gonna be the trend down our throats.

Is Jag Panzer active today and what is this live album that has not been released due to lack of record company support and finances? Could there possibly be any studio released in the band's future?
- They are absolutely active. I believe a new studio relese will be in the works once they are done with Keep it True festival in Europe.

I recently purchased and have been thoroughly enjoying "Decade Of The Nail-Spiked Bat". Is this a compilation of mostly older tracks?
- Yes it is, those ae songs from Panzers first couple of releases that they redid.

What CD sould I purchase next to properly aquire JP's catalog.
- I would recommend Chain of Command, The Age of Mastery, and the 4th Judgement for your next couple of purchases. Dissident Alliance was good, but more of a thrashy sound with Daniel Conka(vox) and Chris Costka (guit.) and some fans doen't prefer this sound. You can see their entire discography at http://www.jagpanzer.com/html/disc.htm

You may also want to try and get ahold of either of Titan Force's (Harry's other band) releases. Tey are a bit more prog than Panzer.

Hopefully that helps.

Many amazing bands from the US go "under the radar" here, and are more popular overseas.

Look at the Keep It True Festival, for example.

It's a shame that so many amazing American bands have to go to Europe to hold a festival of true metal.

Currently in the US, all a new band has to do is play break downs, rap over lyrics, and write fake depressing lyrics, and can get on Ozzfest one year after forming....

If you like Jag Panzer, try to hunt down some Manilla Road too..

Well Keep It True festival is seen all over Europe as a true die hard metal fans festival ;)

It's always good to go under the surface anyway, u'll find out many amazing new things and same goes for music of course :)

Welcome to the Jag Panzer family :)

Mind if I put my 2 cents in. The problem as I have always maintained is the our so called music here scene here in the US is of course driven by the mighty dollar and corporate sponsorship's.It's not about how well you play or write as long as you song has a catch phrase that ties into something related to a material product that will help sell and help that product appeal to a large group of materialist puppets and robots that our society has become.
It's all IMAGE and not the music.It's how well you look with a can of Pepsi in your hand,sic isn't it ?
We on the other hand are driven by the talent,the purity,the incredible musicianship and the dedication of our metal music not by our wallets.Maybe its a good thing bands like Panzer stay under the radar.That's why the longevity of the band has stayed for 20 years + and the fan base dedication is incredible.Remember you can always call a band like Panzer your band because they are not a passing fad,they will be around as long as you maintain your dedication to them,because their music is true to you and themselves and neither will ever sell each other out.
I know it sucks that we don't have festivals like KIT here but what are we to do. Moving to Europe may be a good idea : )
But on a lighter note I saw a 12 year old kid buying a Scorpions album the other day and he was asking his sister if it was good, I told him he would like it.
And at the last Priest show I went to (2) 14 year olds knew all the words to their songs so there may be hope in the future.

See you all at KIT

Bob

Well music for the masses is the same crappy thing over here.

It's just metal is still strong and is indeed a good market, if u know what I mean. Above all in Germany and Scandinavian countries.
But trust me u'll hear ppl complaining about the awesome big tours US metalheads get, that we don't :lol: (we only get one or 2 "big" bands at a time, how shitty, euh? LOL).

At a certain level bands like Iron Maiden, Slayer and such will have to force their music to please audience, label and sponsors, i guess. But I think most bands can express theirselves and what's also good is that each member of a band could create new bands to express some other ideas and he would get attention and support anyway :)

I think there's hope indeed. Music, real music is much more than just a sequence of notes ;) It's just not for anyone.