Jag Panzer - New Album 2011

Jind

Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)
Mar 7, 2009
I just found out that Jag Panzer, one of my all time favorite traditional heavy metal bands, are set to release a new album in early 2011 - February to be exact. I'm sure there are others out there that remember the greatness that is Jag Panzer's "Ample Destruction" - I can't tell you how awesome I thought that album was back in 1984. While there output has been a bit hit or miss over the years, they still remained a great outfit with a truly great vocalist in Harry "The Tyrant " Conklin and the always good Mark Briody on guitar and other original band member John Tetley on bass, as well as guitarist Chris Lasegue, and drummer Rikard Stjernquist they are set to release "Scourge Of The Light" in February of 2011 and I'm really looking forward to it now that I've finally heard about it.

JAG PANZER: 'Scourge Of The Light' Release Date, Final Artwork Revealed

They have a trailer on Youtube for the new disc:

Also a little shredding from Chris Lasegue with part of 'Cycles" from the new disc:

And the solo from "Call to Arms" from the new disc:

panzerscourgefinal.jpg

Anyone else hoping this turns out to be a great disc from a great old school metal band?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be down for another cool JP disc ... was into them for a while but it kinda fizzled out cause they just started boring me. If this one is a bit more energetic I'd probably pick it up. Cool band and super super nice dudes... especially Harry

Great news!
I love the latest albums, I mean since "Fourth Judgement", specially "Than To The Throne". I haven't listened to the old ones...yet. Only saw them live once but i liked very much. Nice people.

I even have a longsleeve t-shit that I bought online, it is one of my all time favorite, people ask me "what the fuck is that band?", haha

I just wanted to say thanks for the posts and for the support, guys! We're excited about this album, and we can't wait for you to hear it! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Chris
(Jag Panzer)

Bumping the thread with a sample clip from the new disc:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud6UYu2rYdE&[/ame]

Also new song "Union" can be found here: http://www.myspace.com/jagpanzer/music/songs/union-79479327?ap=1

I'm loving it. Damn Harry "The Tyrant" Conklin still has a great voice after all these years. I just placed my pre-order through Amazon and now can't wait till March. :headbang:

All I can say Chris - is great work, the disc sounds like it will be killer.

Hey dudes, don't really mean to hijack the thread but it looks like it's pretty much run it's course anyway.

For those fans of the Tyrant give a little listen to his old, yet new again band, Satan's Host. Harry started with these dudes back in the early 80s and has rejoined as of the latest album. There's one track on my player here and I think the album comes out in May. Harry sound awesome on the whole thing and does some stuff he never has before. Worth checking out for sure.