JakeAC5253 - Metalcore IRs

JakeAC5253

Frozen Sun Audio
Nov 19, 2010
Hey guys, I am back and I am still reamping and making IRs, and today I have a new IR pack for you. About a month ago, I invested in some extreme treatment for my reamping room, so I think you will find my new IRs much clearer (clearer is not brighter) and accurate. This is called a Metalcore IR pack because the tones were dialed with the intent to give a more "gritty" sound.

For the A IR: This is a darker response IR, with a focus on the low midrange, but hopefully in a way that is still tight. It is meant to be used with an overdrive pedal before the amp/amp sim, and with minimal LP filtering afterward, as needed. Influence for this tone comes from As I Lay Dying - An Ocean Between us, or DevilDriver - Pray for Villains. That 5150 sound, but dialed a bit darker and with more fizz, for that edgy, bearded tone. Try with TSE X50 with TSE 808 V2 before it.

For the B IR: This is more of an "extreme" IR which is aimed at giving more of a lax mids type sound, but in a pleasing and natural way. I've gotten best results by not using an overdrive pedal into the amp, and then depending on the situation, some medium LP may be needed, sometimes down to 7k. Influence for this tone comes from the album Orchid by Opeth, that gritty lo-fi sound that is still brilliantly musical. Not Metalcore in the slightest I know, but it's gritty and it follows the theme.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8838613/JakeAC5253 - Metalcore IRs.zip

There are no rules, use them as you see fit. Leave feedback, post clips, notify me of any issues and I will fix them.

I was messing around with the guitar this evening and i tried the impulses
they sound very good!! :kickass:

I've used some other IRs made by Jake, and I think they're some of the best out there.

Thanks Robert, pleasure working with you as always.

hmm cant figure out how to load it into my axe 2. Bummer.

No good. Is this a problem you have with my files only? Have you successfully loaded other IRs into your Axe FX, or are you just asking how to do it for the first time?

Holy shit, impulse B is fizzy as fuck. I love impulse A though! I'm going to use it on an EP I'm working on...

That's great! I would love to hear something when it is done.

Never loaded user cabs into it.

I can't help with that because I've never owned an Axe, I just know how to make IRs compatible with them. Maybe someone else can chime in and talk you through it.

Bump for new idea. I just tried blending both of the IRs in mono, and the sound was pretty sweet. Use A for body and B for bite, process as desired and blend. Try it!