Frozen Sun Audio - Fredman IRs

JakeAC5253

Frozen Sun Audio
Nov 19, 2010
Check it out, I just miked Fredman style for a project and it ended up coming out pretty well, so I took a sample of the rig. I have 7 total IRs made, but I am only going to give away one of them for free. If you want the full Fredman pack for more tweaking power, shoot me a PM or email, the cost is $30USD.

Here is the free IR:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8838613/Frozen Sun Fredman.zip

Here is a mix in progress from the project that this sample came from:

Thanks,
-Jake

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry Jake but $30 for a pack of 7 IRs is overkill, no matter how good they sound.

RedWirez, for example, sell each cabinet for $9 and it includes between 500-1,300 IRs made with over 20 microphones in various mic positions. Not to mention the different sample & bit rates.

I'm sorry Jake but $30 for a pack of 7 IRs is overkill, no matter how good they sound.

RedWirez, for example, sell each cabinet for $9 and it includes between 500-1,300 IRs made with over 20 microphones in various mic positions. Not to mention the different sample & bit rates.

I can value your opinion, but let me explain. Better to have 3 great sounding things than 500 things that sound 'ok'. I've spent hours thumbing through IR after IR in some well known packs and every one sounds slightly different than the last, that's not how I approach my IRs. I have the rig and the experience to get the job done right the first time, it doesn't take me 100 tries to pull a good sound from a cabinet. The price also includes a replacement/update policy as well, which means that if I were to make changes or updates to the pack in the future, anyone who has bought into that particular pack receives the updated pack free of charge.

I hope someone actually buys this and distributes them for free somewhere else. 30 bucks...are you fucking kidding me? I just upgraded recabinet for 7 € and you want fucking 30 bucks? I'll send you a hamburger, ok? Cuz clearly you must starve if you want fucking 30 bucks for 7 fucking IRs.

He's making custom IRs for you to purchase (if you like) and he's not selling them in the thousands like the vendors you mention so obviously the price is higher.
And they sound f-in good.

Vendo you sound like a 13 year old running your mouth to ppl while playing CoD, I do hope you feel better, you're a real stand up guy.

what are the details in the irs? cabs and mics used

5150 Head loaded with Winged =C=, Boogie OS cabinet w/V30s, and two SM57s in a Fredman pattern where I thought they sounded best.

Here is the mix where this sample came from by the way, its still a mix in progress:

These are real reamps, but the sample came from the same setup obv.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's making custom IRs for you to purchase (if you like) and he's not selling them in the thousands like the vendors you mention so obviously the price is higher.
And they sound f-in good.

Vendo you sound like a 13 year old running your mouth to ppl while playing CoD, I do hope you feel better, you're a real stand up guy.

1. these are not custom IRs. Custom made for the project he did: yes ... custom made for specific customers: no. So definitely NOT a custom product.

2. In all honesty ....i don't care what you think, no matter how hard you try to insult me.

3. Sorry, never played CoD ....can't share that experience with you.

4. I don't feel better, i'd feel better if people won't try to get some quick bucks by trying to sell not-the-highest-quality stuff for an abnormal amount of money.

1. these are not custom IRs. Custom made for the project he did: yes ... custom made for specific customers: no. So definitely NOT a custom product.

2. In all honesty ....i don't care what you think, no matter how hard you try to insult me.

3. Sorry, never played CoD ....can't share that experience with you.

4. I don't feel better, i'd feel better if people won't try to get some quick bucks by trying to sell not-the-highest-quality stuff for an abnormal amount of money.

I highly doubt he is trying to get "some quick bucks" if he was I doubt he would be selling impulses of all things.

Vendo obviously thinks he's some character on South Park who can put people down like the characters on the show.

And I'm sure you know how a 13 year old acts while playing CoD or else you wouldn't have taken the time to defend yourself against that comment.

Your defense mechanisms for being called out as a douche, even through text, are quite interesting. Nice avatar btw... If you don't like the price, then move on and STFU.

The example clip didn't do it for me..
I've bought Redwirez and some other stuff..
7 IR's for 30$ is way too much, IMO..
You can of course charge whatever you want, but maybe you should try to set the price at what people would consider buying it for..

i don't get what you guys are getting so upset about. what right do you think you have to insult someone because you think their prices are too high?? and we're talking just $30 for fucks sake.

it's not the guy's fault if every other developer settles for a mere few bucks. if he thinks $30 is what his dedication and time to the product is worth then so be it. also, if a product costs too much the problem will eventually sort itself out.

^

+1

What is the matter with ppl today??? IS 30$ to expensive. FUCKING LOL. I agree with the OP i rather have 1 good IR then 500bad. Didn't listened to his clips or anything but god damn ppl are cheap these days.

Well, I didn't attack the guy.. but 30$ is a lot of money for some..
And it is expensive, especially when you can't listen to the other IR's, just one example.. it's basically a 30$ risk.. money that could be spent on something else..
People want value for money.. most people anyway..
And also, the guy was asking for feedback, bumping his own thread, the same day it was posted...........

i'm not gonna be insulting or anything, but i would have to agree that with other products that are out there, $30 for 7 impulses does seem pretty steep. even if the impulses are of the highest quality, the fact still exists that there's a TON of good impulses out there thru the 5150/mesa/57 setup that can be had either for free or less than what you're asking

i totally understand that you probably feel that such an amount is what you feel your work efforts are worth, but my opinion is that you'll have a tough time finding many people who are going to pay that much for it!

Darren "Jenk" Jenkins;10493867 said:
With illegal downloading and software piracy becoming so common, people feel entitled to get everything for free (or really cheap) these days.

This is exactly what I was thinking the whole time reading this thread.

I just spent close to 1000.00 on some plugins a few days ago, then come here to see people spouting off because someone wants to charge 30.00 for something. Maybe I need to join the crowd and start complaining that I spent 1000.00 on some plugins, when Massey plugins are only 40.00 each. Then after that, maybe I will start complaining that the guys mixing songs for 5.00 are CHARGING WAY TO MUCH because the kid down the street does it for free.

Come on people. :err: