Frozen Sun Audio - Fredman IRs

I'm with the camp that 30 is too much but on principle alone. It's not the 30, I'd give it away to a bum and suffer nothing. In fact, I'm going to give a bum 60 tonight in spite of the IR's cost.

i don't get what you guys are getting so upset about. what right do you think you have to insult someone because you think their prices are too high?? and we're talking just $30 for fucks sake.

it's not the guy's fault if every other developer settles for a mere few bucks. if he thinks $30 is what his dedication and time to the product is worth then so be it. also, if a product costs too much the problem will eventually sort itself out.

Thank you.

I'm really not trying to hurt anyone, this is actually my third premium IR pack. I have been making premium IR packs for over a year now, and always at the price of $30. Thankfully and to my great pleasure, a number of people have purchased a premium pack of mine or a custom IR, and always come back with great things to say about my work, most of them come back to be repeat customers. When you insult me and my methods, you also insult my clients and anyone who likes my work or has been satisfied by my products or services.

The reason for the price? It's because I know myself and my work. I am stupidly commited to the highest quality. If you want to know, since I have been making premium packs, I have updated them twice: once because I got more acoustic treatment for my reamping space, and once because I got better preamps/conversion, and always a free update. This is not a one and done product, but a future proof one, the IRs will grow as I do. It's a work of passion people, not a ripoff. My prices will not change, If $30 is too much then you are in the wrong field. Sorry my IRs are not on demonoid yet :)

Also, we are 25 posts into the thread and no one has even commented on the IR... the miking worked for the project I reamped, but if it is not working for people in a general sense, I will revise the pack. I can't do that without feedback ;)

^

+1

What is the matter with ppl today??? IS 30$ to expensive. FUCKING LOL. I agree with the OP i rather have 1 good IR then 500bad. Didn't listened to his clips or anything but god damn ppl are cheap these days.

I think the issue lies in the fact that people don't understand the difference between quality and quantity. If there is a problem, people should offer some sort of constructive criticism instead of acting like tough cunts behind a forum account. I assume that's what these forums are for. Construction and not destruction.

Quality over quantity all the way.

Guess people are just used to being able to download illegal software suites which they use 2% off nor have the knowledge to use.

I myself just use a few plugins that I can count on 2 hands and I got them for under 500$

I think the issue is that there are a wealth of high-quality impulses available for free (including some very nice packs by the OP). While $30 is of course no big deal in its own right, these are essentially some of the most expensive per-file impulses currently available, which is probably hard for people to understand given the competition. I think an exhaustive set of demos of both soloed and in-mix for each IR would make a big difference. Also selling them individually for $5 each might give people more inclination to make purchases given that the theme of this thread seems to be "quality over quantity;" some people probably don't even want 7.

I think the issue is that there are a wealth of high-quality impulses available for free (including some very nice packs by the OP). While $30 is of course no big deal in its own right, these are essentially some of the most expensive per-file impulses currently available, which is probably hard for people to understand given the competition. I think an exhaustive set of demos of both soloed and in-mix for each IR would make a big difference. Also selling them individually for $5 each might give people more inclination to make purchases given that the theme of this thread seems to be "quality over quantity;" some people probably don't even want 7.

Finally some constructive criticism, thank you.

The thing is, the way I approach my premium IR packs is by creating a color spectrum with a tonal center and two wings of different colors for choosing and tweaking. This is different than using different mic positions because different positions never blend well or sound right in the mix, but when done this way, it does. I do this because when mixing, it gives a great control over the color of the source and you can adapt to the mix at hand before any mixing or EQ take place, and I want people to have that sort of control with their guitar tracks. You could use different IRs from the same pack in different places in the mix, and it'll lend a wideness to the mix, while everything still sounds like it belongs in the same mix. This originates from a technique that I use when mixing reamped tracks, I've only adapted it and solidified it in IRs for easy access by all without having to pay for reamps.

In my other packs I have a cheaper "EZ Mix" pack, which is mono only, and does not contain this color spectrum thing, but I don't even really like selling those because I really want people to experience the color spectrum IR packs, selling individual IRs would be the same thing. I don't think anything like this color spectrum is done very frequently or at all, at least not that I've seen. It's one of the things that makes my work unique, and my clients are always very responsive to it.

But I am open to new ideas, and I will contemplate ways to make my products and services more accessible to all, but I will keep my original vision of a product combined with an ongoing service alive. Also, to this day I have released 13 total impulse responses completely free of charge, just to further clear the record :)

Gentlemen thank you for your patience and understanding. After some testing feedback I have decided to update the pack with IRs that sound less extreme and would fit more mixes in a general sense, while still having that Fredman edge. If you follow the original link in the first post, you will find the updated free IR. Hope to hear some feedback on the new IR.

Also in case anyone hadn't noticed, I put a link to a mix where you can hear this miking in a mix setting for some context.

This is exactly what I was thinking the whole time reading this thread.

I just spent close to 1000.00 on some plugins a few days ago, then come here to see people spouting off because someone wants to charge 30.00 for something. Maybe I need to join the crowd and start complaining that I spent 1000.00 on some plugins, when Massey plugins are only 40.00 each. Then after that, maybe I will start complaining that the guys mixing songs for 5.00 are CHARGING WAY TO MUCH because the kid down the street does it for free.

Come on people. :err:

+ 1.

Thank you.

I'm really not trying to hurt anyone, this is actually my third premium IR pack. I have been making premium IR packs for over a year now, and always at the price of $30. Thankfully and to my great pleasure, a number of people have purchased a premium pack of mine or a custom IR, and always come back with great things to say about my work, most of them come back to be repeat customers. When you insult me and my methods, you also insult my clients and anyone who likes my work or has been satisfied by my products or services.

The reason for the price? It's because I know myself and my work. I am stupidly commited to the highest quality. If you want to know, since I have been making premium packs, I have updated them twice: once because I got more acoustic treatment for my reamping space, and once because I got better preamps/conversion, and always a free update. This is not a one and done product, but a future proof one, the IRs will grow as I do. It's a work of passion people, not a ripoff. My prices will not change, If $30 is too much then you are in the wrong field. Sorry my IRs are not on demonoid yet :)

Also, we are 25 posts into the thread and no one has even commented on the IR... the miking worked for the project I reamped, but if it is not working for people in a general sense, I will revise the pack. I can't do that without feedback ;)

if you have numerous customers who are paying the price you're asking, then more power power to you...i just thought it would be worth mentioning that, when taking your target market and the competition into consideration, the price can seem a bit steep. it's not as though $30 is a lot of money - but when put head-to-head with something like recabinet for $20, i think you can see where dudes can get the impression that your IR's may not be the best value for their dollar. of course that impression may not at all be true, but i thought it might be helpful to see where prospective buyers are coming from so that you can formulate a strategy that conveys to the customer why your shit is worth what you're asking.

btw, the clip you have up sounds damned good! some of the faster open string chugs sound a little "mushy", but that could very well be a result of the shitty speakers this computer has, or a number of other factors not necessarily related to the IR's

Everybody should stop getting so wound up about him charging $30 for the damn thing. Like any product, the customers will do the talking. My personal opinion is that he's set it too high and he won't get as many sales as expected. For every two people that buy at $30, guarentee you that more than 3 people buy at $20........economics and psychology my friend.

JakeAC5253: look man, if you want to get away with charging 30 bones, that's cool. I'm sure your impulse responses are cool. A word of advice. Really show the crowd what your work can do. Don't just leave one sample to base the customers decision. They will leave uninterested.

Maybe create a page with various samples showing how versatile your product is.

Show them why your worth more than the other guy selling 100000 for 9 bucks or whatever the fuck they're worth.

Shit talkers: it's you who will remain in your basements using amp sims/drum samples/or whatever fad you "audio engineers" are stuck in - making nothing of yourself. Just playing with your pro tools, cubase, reaper or whatever the fuck.

You know how I know why? Cause you'd rather waste your time talking shit on an Internet forum rather than be proactive and make this situation Into a learning experience.

Shit talkers: it's you who will remain in your basements using amp sims/drum samples/or whatever fad you "audio engineers" are stuck in - making nothing of yourself. Just playing with your pro tools, cubase, reaper or whatever the fuck.

You know how I know why? Cause you'd rather waste your time talking shit on an Internet forum rather than be proactive and make this situation Into a learning experience.

I have seen nothing from you but "shit talking". Btw.. drum samples were used in the 80s :rolleyes: and here you are asking for drum samples http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/f-o-h/845728-drum-samples.html

seriusly, gtfo

I have seen nothing from you but "shit talking". Btw.. drum samples were used in the 80s :rolleyes: and here you are asking for drum samples http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/f-o-h/845728-drum-samples.html

seriusly, gtfo

If clients ask for it then I have to inquire about it. I don't agree with artificial ingredients for such a natural art. But if they're paying me, I have to deliver the best I can. How am I shit talking? I'm speaking nothing but the truth.

The way your talking to me, I can tell your a Very unsuccessful being.

Does telling me off bring more meaning to your life? Is the thought that people like me are making a great living doing what they love to do upsets you when your not even close?

Look dude, attitude speaks a lot for a beings personality. And you definitely have a shit attitude. I most definitely won't "gtfo" because this is MY realm. I know what I'm talking about.