Jani VS Alexi ,round 1 FIGHT!

^ It's a Sonata song, but I can't remember exactly which one. I'm pretty sure it's off of Winterheart's Guild. I don't completely agree with JaniLaiho, but damn, I know what kind of people he's refering to. I didn't like power metal at first too, but after a closer listen to all those magnificent solos, harmonies and incorporated melodies, and story like composition to the songs, I couldn't help but to think that "Damn, I have been missing out on some great music". Give power metal another chance; maybe you'll hear something you like next time.

News Flash to the Italian guy: Hatebreeder isn't the most technical and in depth music ever written either.

@guy above me: Allan Holdsworth :worship:
Allan Holdsworth + Jens Johansson = :worship: :headbang: :worship: :OMG:

Wings of a dream said:
That award my friend would have to be given to Jazz Music. Listen to guys like John Mclaughlin and Allan Holdsworth and you'll see what I'm talking about. Or listen to the Bossa Nova style like Al Di Meola, that guy knows about complexity, and on acoustic!

meola.jpg

...waited for that one...

metheny is not bad, too :D
or george benson (praise him!)

Wings of a dream said:
That award my friend would have to be given to Jazz Music. Listen to guys like John Mclaughlin and Allan Holdsworth and you'll see what I'm talking about. Or listen to the Bossa Nova style like Al Di Meola, that guy knows about complexity, and on acoustic!

i agree, but i did not mean that power metal was the ONLY technical form of music. if i said it the wrong way, my bad.

anyway, when it comes to leads, yes it is ONE of the most technical forms of music ever written, like i said. even though a lot of it derives from Jazz music. but i dont give a shit about who plays the most power chords...that has nothing to do with anything. if you cant play power chords put your guitar down and kill yourself. Yngwie Malmsteen is a great guitar player too, so piss off. but i will be the first to admit that his songs get quite boring after a while. but he is still great. without Yngwie, none of the fuckers we are talking about would be around. jani, alexi,..you know the ones im talking about. but its all a matter of opinions...they are both great guitar players though. but when it comes down to it, its all gonna be ended by some douchebag that says Alexi is better just becasue they LIKE him more. its bullshit, nobody can win.

Jani Laiho said:
without Yngwie, none of the fuckers we are talking about would be around. jani, alexi,..you know the ones im talking about.

I'm pretty sure they'd still be around, unless of course Yngwie fathered these guys. :Spin:

TowardsDeadEnd said:
I'm pretty sure they'd still be around, unless of course Yngwie fathered these guys. :Spin:

dude you know what i mean lol. thats how these topics get off subject, people being funny jackasses, lol. :loco:

fools.
i will dig up randy rhoads and dimebag and stitch them together to make a UBERGuitarhero. Then i will give it life and rule the world.
Oh wait, Rhoads was cremated wasnt he? :hotjump:

if eddie got back together with david lee roth then he could still be a guitar hero. nobody in the fuckin world likes sammy hagar. NO ONE!

kill me

kai is ineed a guitar hero. he is on my favorite guitarist lists.think janis kicks ass but personally alexi has the better solos. listen to wolf and raven solo. it is just annoying. sure it is fast but it isn't doing anything. anyway alexi writes better music.

fuck i wish they could make a topic expire after 30 days and auto close?? admin ?? topics only seem to be valid for the first 10 posts, then its all just personal