Jani VS Alexi ,round 1 FIGHT!

You're all talking shit. Everyone knows the best guitar player is the one with the best hair. The second best is the one who can do the splits in spandex.

...skills my arse.

DoodgeGant said:
Hope to god your not wearing that kilt then :tickled:

It's actually been discussed in legnth, and yes i will!
Ralf will also wear one, go true scotsman, crowdsurf and finish some "unfinished business" with Ze Germans

Jari Mäenpää owns them all!

ya that dudes sweeps are so smooth its ridiculous

i got a question, whos a better keyboardist, janne or the guy from sonata?
i know they are both very amazing but i dont know enough about keyboard to tell who is more talented.

-Gavin- said:
It's actually been discussed in legnth, and yes i will!
Ralf will also wear one, go true scotsman, crowdsurf and finish some "unfinished business" with Ze Germans

Well I better get cracking to Oxfam then dude :tickled: Like I'm doing.

HauknessX said:
i got a question, whos a better keyboardist, janne or the guy from sonata?
i know they are both very amazing but i dont know enough about keyboard to tell who is more talented.

The answer is Risto Kupianen.

I've been Bodomized said:
I concur. Risto Kupiainen is definitely the better player.. That kid is fucking amazing... Speed Piano Soloo everyone ;-)
Yeah I imagine he's good...I mean I see his name in almost every thread possible. The question was about Sonata vs CoB though...not who's the most talented keyboard player in the world. But do you think he beats Jordan Rudess and Derek Sherinian? I should check this kid out soon I guess...

As for Sonata, I think Janne beats every keyboard player Sonata had. I personnaly prefered Mikko Härkin who played in the Silence era.....he was also pretty young and played very well IMO. Tony was the shit also....the Blank File solo is just pure keyboard ownage.

Decadetroll said:
I would say Janne is better.. Can't really understand his fingers.. how can they be so fast?

By practicing, there's reallly no formula to be fast. Nor is anybody born with that kind of talent. All the really fast and precise players have all practiced really hard on their instruments, of course, it depends on HOW you practice too.

jordan rudess solo work = impossible to beat. For real.
Especially taking just a week to compose the whole last album, which was just plain absurd.

and he saved DT's Octavarium from certain doom.

(yes, i'm a rudess fanboy :p but i rely on the facts!)

Haahhahaa, my first post here and so many enemies...

Missiles said:
Without Stratovarius, Children Of Bodom wouldn't fucking exist.

So what, I still don't like them. This is just my opinion of powermetal bands. I just think there's nothing special about them.

Tut Ankh Amon said:
and he saved DT's Octavarium from certain doom.

(yes, i'm a rudess fanboy :p but i rely on the facts!)

What do you mean by this?

Jordan Rudess tunes on live@Budokan dvds instrumedely are funky.
He would be cooler if threw away his monitor showing every single note he's supposed to play.

I totally agree with ND 24/7. Mikko was an awesome keyboard player although Henrik gives the band a unique new sound. The Blank File solo does fucking rule. I love how it keeps buliding up and up with Jani's awesome solo and then Tony's and then it explodes into a dual solo....man that's one of my favorite moments in a Sonata song.