Jani VS Alexi ,round 1 FIGHT!

Decadetroll said:
And Jari does it with a style! :headbang:
I would say Janne is better.. Can't really understand his fingers.. how can they be so fast?

:tickled::tickled:

fast and fast and fast and fast.. not actually.. not faster than me. :loco:

really.. it's easy to be fast as a keyboardist. when you play fast with a real piano then were talkin bout' talent.

what would you guys say about roope latvala?...in an interview alexi said he was the best in FInland....and i heard that jari from wintersun said the new guy in wintersun named teemu i think and i believe who is in imperanon is better thatn jari is.

so..your thoughts on roope and teemu?

Teemu is pretty good. Jari said Teemu is better than him but he was just trying to be nice. Actually, if you wanna hear Teemu, listen to the song that he recorded with Risto on the Speed Piano Soolo website. He's pretty damn good, but I would definitely say Roope is a lot better, much smoother, and gets a way better sound overall.

Power Metal kicks fucking ass, i dont give a shit who thinks its gay or shitty. it is THE most technical and in depth music ever written. it takes pure talent to write music like that. stratovarius and sonata arctica are 2 of the greatest bands to walk the planet. and yes, i think Jani is a better guitar player than Alexi. by far. i love CoB, but i have to give it to Sonata Arctica. they have more talent.

I dont knwo who posted it about the sweeps, but yes Jani can pull them off fantastic. Download the live video of Black Sheep by sonata arctica and at the end of the song you will see Jani's sweeps. personaly i think they sound just like Yngwie Malmsteen. ( they are that precise)

I also have to say that Jani can keep up with Alexi's agressive style. Ex. Bodom Beach Terror. Just listen to the rythym parts to Sonata Arctica's "Destruction Preventer". They may write softer songss, but the dudes can shred just like the rest of the Finnish Metal bands. and once again Jani can keep up with alexi's fast rythym parts. and im sorry, but he is a much better player than alexi.

one more thing, any of you who hate power metal, up yours. i know its all opinion based but you dont have to say that its shitty. it requires way more talent than you could ever dream of having. and i agree with whoever said that without Stratovarius there wouldnt even be a Bodom. that shit is true all day long.

oh yeah, one more thing. does anyone know where i can find Jani's young guitar video? Ive looked on LimeWire but nothing comes up. thats where i found Alexi's.

Big Bullshit o_O

hey ppl Jani is a great guitarsist but is far way from our Laiho.
Alexi has a more personal style, is a wonderfull songwriter, in my opinion he is a genius as a guitarist and as a composer. Jani is just one of them... Really.
Plus is a big bullshit that SA and stratovarius write better songs that CoB.
A buch of powerchords in a silly progressions are "the most technical and in depth music ever written"???
Go listen to Hatebreeder and shut the fuck up!

Alachi said:
Big Bullshit o_O

hey ppl Jani is a great guitarsist but is far way from our Laiho.
Alexi has a more personal style, is a wonderfull songwriter, in my opinion he is a genius as a guitarist and as a composer. Jani is just one of them... Really.
Plus is a big bullshit that SA and stratovarius write better songs that CoB.
A buch of powerchords in a silly progressions are "the most technical and in depth music ever written"???
Go listen to Hatebreeder and shut the fuck up!

"...Except them fuckin itaes.... I hate 'em itallian bastards!"

Still better than those fuckin gaelic, garlic breathin forg eating tossers... :loco:

Jani Laiho said:
Power Metal kicks fucking ass, i dont give a shit who thinks its gay or shitty. it is THE most technical and in depth music ever written.

That award my friend would have to be given to Jazz Music. Listen to guys like John Mclaughlin and Allan Holdsworth and you'll see what I'm talking about. Or listen to the Bossa Nova style like Al Di Meola, that guy knows about complexity, and on acoustic!

meola.jpg

shit jani is a great guitar player.. I'd say they around the same level when it comes to tempo, but skills.. I dunno...

anyway, that first song he plays in that dvd thingy, what song is that? It's fucking amazing...