JANNE and the New COB Album

7th COB album needs:

• More & louder keyboard background elements

Votes: 59 88.1%
  • No need for more

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
"Exactly the music their fans want to hear".. by having the synths a bit louder? It's just a little thing.. and I think especially if COB is not 100% comfortable with the new album, at least they could do that.. I guess you voted 'no' just for the sake of disagreeing with me :D 90% say yes, so don't blame me.. I'm sorry I just can't understand why the keyboard parts I mentioned in the original post are silenced for the albums.. it's causing me gray hair. And I'm sure if Janne ever sees this he's gonna tell me to fuck off and not interrupt with what they're doing :D But the blue album is still the fans' favourite (as voted in my poll some year or two back) and it's not for no reason..

if they like their stuff the way its mixed and recorded I dont see any reason why they should it change for you.
And maybe they were silenced for the sake of heaviness or even to attract more people (gr1m metal dudes who hate keyboards) if it wasnt their own idea to make them quieter.
You are either someone who believes that a Band is there to amuse just you and make the music you want or still that dumb fanboi.

I dont know and I dont really care as I rarely listen to COB/Metal.

and.. no. I didnt take part in the poll.

The point is majority of COB's fans think its a shame that certain good synth parts are left inaudible on the studio records but you are able to hear them live, and just maybe this would make the band be more brave with the use or audibility of synths next time. Fans want that atmosphere rather than more thrashyness, and it's concretely proven here. Grim metal fans calling that gay can go and jerk off to something they like.

Matt Hyde's experience and presence will probably be good, but the reason for doubts is he isn't a COB fan; he doesn't understand what made them special. So I hope he won't start feeding them that "let's focus on guitars not keys" crap, that's all.. don't mean to start a witch-hunt.

Well I would prefer more synths on the albums as well...
But this thread wasn't made to be one of those 'the band must do what we want!!!' threads (I assume...)

To me the synths is what brings that special atmosphere to bodom and without that, (and the typical bodom riffs) it would just be 'another' metal band...
And in my opinion there's enough of those..

Gr1m metal dudes don't hate keyboards just fyi, faggots.

Black metal (the genre that has all the "gr1m" fans) utilizes a lot of keyboards. Lrn2music joonas

You know, all the unnecessary happy hippy keyboard melodies are an insult to metal

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHA

The ending (at 3:57-) is awesome. That should be on the record. Nice example of what the synths can do when you turn them loud.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dkpVs_kKfM&feature=related[/ame]

Was it ever mentioned on this thread the powerful kickass orcherstra hits are one of the coolest things about Bodom?

^Yeah. The worst orchestra hits by Children Of Bodom would appear on the 1st mix of Follow the Reaper on Northern Comfort. I think to use them properly they're powered with bass and a pedal and some of the plates, like One Day You Will Cry and Lobodomy. My favourite single one is 3:07 on ODYWC, which is two hits done back to back real fast and powerful. I think often they use the smallest plates (don't know the names). And sometimes with a guitar chord, like Downfall.

^Yeah. The worst orchestra hits by Children Of Bodom would appear on the 1st mix of Follow the Reaper on Northern Comfort. I think to use them properly they're powered with bass and a pedal and some of the plates, like One Day You Will Cry and Lobodomy. My favourite single one is 3:07 on ODYWC, which is two hits done back to back real fast and powerful. I think often they use the smallest plates (don't know the names). And sometimes with a guitar chord, like Downfall.

or Bed of Razors.

I just want some good virtuoso metal with well-placed orchestrations everywhere like Downfall. Now I'd be in heavens.

Off-topic: I bet Wintersun won't deceive us with orchestrations on their highly anticipated Time album.

You know what, let's let this thread sink, it's just insulting the band. I'm just an irritating fan who tries to tell them what to do with their art. Even if there was 100 000 votes against 5 they'd still do what they think is good. Does a band like COB really give a fuck what any fan thinks?