Jannes keys?

ArneZ

No rules in metal
Nov 19, 2006
The thing about bodom ive always loved is janne and his awsome talent with the keyboard. I wanna learn some myself:lol:
but i was wondering what kind of keyboard do Janne use??
I would love to have something simular...

thanks......

this one
po166.jpg

Korg X5D for MIDI controller
Roland JV2080 for sound module
Electroharmonics Russian Big Muff for lead distortion

He has a few other odds and ends, but the above items are responsible for probably 85% of his sounds.

As for the famous Jens Johannsson lead patch, seek and ye shall find. :Smug:
*hint: Progsounds.com

Korg X5D is on the way =)
will check out the sound module and the other things later.

Progsounds.com is a great site, thanks guys!

Here's an example of the JV2080 in action that I worked on last night. It's not so much a showcase of the synth, but to show how it sits in a mix.

Everytime I Die

woah, great sound =), can you make an example of the same tunes without the JV2080?
think im also going for Korg X50-61, would you recommend it?
thanks again.

Here's an example of the JV2080 in action that I worked on last night. It's not so much a showcase of the synth, but to show how it sits in a mix.

Everytime I Die

Yeah but actually you can do these sounds with most of keyboards, JV2080 is very usefull for it... "maniabilities" but I have that D Sounds on my Roland and it's sounds pretty much the same.

woah, great sound =), can you make an example of the same tunes without the JV2080?
think im also going for Korg X50-61, would you recommend it?
thanks again.

As a controller, it'd be fine, along with any other 61 note MIDI controller. I can't comment on the sounds though as I've never heard one.

I'll try to post another clip sans synth later today.

Yeah but actually you can do these sounds with most of keyboards, JV2080 is very usefull for it... "maniabilities" but I have that D Sounds on my Roland and it's sounds pretty much the same.

Yeah, Roland have the same sounds on many of their products.

Wow, thats really good. And you can just program the sounds into the sound module?

Yep. You can do it all directly on the unit, or there's a software program that can be used, which might make things a little easier. I've had no problems programming right onto the JV though.

Well if I ever do get my keyboard, Ill make sure to look at one of those. And if I do, expect to be getting questions from me :p :lol: Thanks though!