Japan imports

Somber Soul

Oct 12, 2001
Browsing amazon.de the other day, I noticed that they had Japanese versions of all DT albums minus Skydancer for offer. They cost about €40 and have long delivery times. Still...I wonder are they worth getting? It wouldn't be so much for the bonus songs...since "Exposures" this is no longer an issue. But they would sure be nice in my collection. Any opinions? Would they be worth the money?

Another question: Does anyone know about the Japanese bonus track on "Character", if there is one?

well japanese versions of DT albums:
bonustracks are all on exposures or enter suicidal angels-minicd
for projector theres a different cover as I know
dont remember anymore DD has it not also an different one for japan??
but what I've heard that in japan the cds have often a bigger booklet and so on
I say as the bonustracks are all avaible here just for good looking in your collection, its not worth. better you buy the vinylversions of the albums

(40? für 1cd!!!! und bloß wegen nem dickeren booklet?? nicht wirklich empfehlenswert...ich rate dir ab:)

but I found out by looking through amazon worldwide that theres a new asian version of projector floating around the world
"Album Description
Asian pressing of the Swedish extreme metal act's 1999 album includes one exclusive bonus track 'Undo Control' (live in Poland 2002). Dope Music. 2004."
nothing extraordinary

and as amazon writes Character comes with 2Bonustracks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and I forgot:
heres the Vinyl-Cover of Character:
B0006MT4IQ.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

the limited Version comes with the lost to apathy-video(again) and "live footage"(I hope it is not the screensaver of the LTA-CD,damn CM) and different cover:
B0006M4SFK.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

and finally the original one:
B0006M4SFA.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

for the the standart one is the best
your thoughts?

Yeah, €40 is much. On the other hand, I've spent much more money on other collector's items. And DT are well worth it. I don't have any CD collection to speak of...and I don't have any vinyls either, although I recognize their "value". However, it's too late (and too costly) to get into that now. Hmm...I'll think about the Japanese versions some more. I'm at least still tempted. Bigger booklet you say...? The variant "Projector" cover would be worth it, though.

It was today that I found out that the "Character" digipack and jewelcase version have different covers as well. I like the standard one better. But I guess I'm getting both...dammit. Guys of DT, here's all my money. ;) Well, probably most of it runs to Century Media. Two bonus tracks on the Japanese version of "Character" might be worth it...according to Amazon.de, it's already released?

no its just a preview for customers to check out whats coming in the newer future
the projectorcover is, Im not sure, its not the star with the child's face but with the mother holding their baby or the projectorstar with the eye in it
im not sure but its one of these 2
someone here knows it for 100%

solefald said:
and as amazon writes Character comes with 2Bonustracks!
which is a bit surprising since we've been told (right, rahvin?) there was no songs left over for japan bonuses or such. :err:

if amazon is right i guess it's live tracks or remixes, then...?

Delirious said:
which is a bit surprising since we've been told (right, rahvin?) there was no songs left over for japan bonuses or such. :err:

if amazon is right i guess it's live tracks or remixes, then...?

well I wonder if those mysterious songs are not:
derivation tnb or the endless feed-chaosseedremix :OMG:

but you could be right there might be other remixes of Character songs
lets see whats coming...

the projectorcover is, Im not sure, its not the star with the child's face but with the mother holding their baby or the projectorstar with the eye in it im not sure but its one of these 2
According to the DT website, it's the mother with the child. Would be fine with me. I like that cover, too.

but you could be right there might be other remixes of Character songs
I like the latest remixes quite a bit, so I wouldn't mind getting more. Hm...makes me wonder if DT are ever going to do an all-out remix album.

Somber Soul said:
I like the latest remixes quite a bit, so I wouldn't mind getting more. Hm...makes me wonder if DT are ever going to do an all-out remix album.

A REMIX ALBUM?????????
BY DT??????????????????

The idea isnt bad.
first I dont know any Charactertrack besides Lost to Apathy so I cant say how the remixes are to the original songs.
I liked the cloud connected remix In flames had on their trigger-ep
and the remixes on LTA are quite good.
but a full album of this??? I dont know, in this case the songs should sound absolutely different from the originals, that would be an interesting
one.
But I prefer if they release remixes just a bonustracks, DT isn too good to remix, with fear factory or SYL it works but DT?
worst case scenario:
an album full of archetypes
AND:
you cant play remixes live as a band!!!

anyway I wait since years to an obscure Remixalbum fo Solefald, that they announced some years ago, THATS something I wanna hear new versions of songs :worship:

Just my 2 cents: I wouldn't get Japanese versions just because they are japanese. But I'm still looking for the japanese version of projector because of the artwork and the booklet (right, it's a huge one!). But with Haven or DD, I don't think I'd spend 40 € for that...

As for the covers: I really like all three of them. First I thought I'd only get the Digipak and the LP (as with DD some 2 years ago), but now I'm pretty sure I'll get all 3 of them...
So far, I don't have a fav version of one cover, but the LP one looks quite different, which I like.

well 3times the same album!!
I just bought projector 2times because in my town there was just the simple one and I wanted it with exposure!!!3days later I drove with my dad to nuremberg and saw a lot of with the bonustracksticker so I bought it a second time
for character I dont know what to do, I like the standartcover but if this "live footage"is something different to the screensaver perhaos I buy the digi too