Japanese Editions

On The Odyssey, I know there was an extra bonus track. I remember checking the imports section at a CD store and they had Live on the Edge of Forever there, and the artwork was different.

Beelzebub said:
On The Odyssey, I know there was an extra bonus track. I remember checking the imports section at a CD store and they had Live on the Edge of Forever there, and the artwork was different.

I bought the japanese edition of "V" in the Wacken festival in 2000.
No bonus track. they have a inlay explainig the songs and the story of the band.
Ah...and i got it before the european release.

I know that the bonus track for the Odyssey album was "frontiers" wich i(With shame...) downloaded...i think its no big deal...since i bought the european release. Lets just pretend my cd was one music short...eheheh.

M.

It's too bad Symphony X didn't include Frontiers on the regular version of The Odyssey - that song actually has radio potential.

They should've made The Turning a Japanese bonus track...

DOnt Diss the Turning... I love that song.. I think we all can agree

Incantations of the Apprentice should be the bonus track.

[Edited by Administration: comment removed..tsk tsk..read the rules.]

Androz said:
I have the odyssey japanese edition, it has the track "Masquerade" from Symphony X, but recorded with better sound and Russel Allen singing

It's called Masquerade '98 (it was actually recorded for a 'best of' album which was only released in Japan), but it is also included on the Special Edition of The Odyssey, which is sold throughout the US and Europe.

However, the Japanese version of the album was the only version to get Frontiers. I believe Lady told me once that Symphony X's Japanese label has the rights to that song.

But I still think it should've been on the final album. The Turning or Incantations could've been sacrificed.

sxlivejapon.jpg

I found the cover art I was talking about.

It's too bad Symphony X didn't include Frontiers on the regular version of The Odyssey - that song actually has radio potential.
And that's good why? Frankly I'm glad SX isn't part of the radio community. If they got a big hit, the record label might push them to recreate it (this put major pressure on DT back in the day).
I didn't even like Frontiers, really... I'm glad we got the Masquerade remake.

The Japanese release of DWOT has Hello Kitty doing guest vocals, Godzilla on drums on a couple of songs, and backing vocals by a group of Pokemon. The Japanese release of The Damnation Game has a code that, when entered on a special keypad (sold separately), transports the person to medieval Japan, never to return. (I only know this because I saw it happen once.) The Japanese release of the debut album has to be listened to from right to left, rather than left to right, as in most western countries.

Hyoukinmono said:
The Japanese release of DWOT has Hello Kitty doing guest vocals, Godzilla on drums on a couple of songs, and backing vocals by a group of Pokemon. The Japanese release of The Damnation Game has a code that, when entered on a special keypad (sold separately), transports the person to medieval Japan, never to return. (I only know this because I saw it happen once.) The Japanese release of the debut album has to be listened to from right to left, rather than left to right, as in most western countries.

ha ha ha ha ha...

I actually bought the Japanese version of DWOT. The only thing that's different (to me) is that they have a separate lyric book in Japanese.

I'm also glad Symphony X isn't "mainstream", mainly because if they were, too many people would like them. I prefer to think of the band as buried treasure.

I have a japanese version of TIO that´s very cool, it has a different case, like digipack or stuff like that, but no bonuses and no different artwork except for an additional inlay with all the lyrics in japanese. No use for me... :confused:

Do you guys have some different release of any SX albuns, like the new special editions, i know that it has different inlays.

A large part of the CDs I own are Japanese releases, since I lived in Japan for a long time. The thing that I like about them the most is that there is usually a lot of commentary, etc., in the booklets. (I read Japanese.) There are also often decals, posters, extra photo sections, etc., in the booklets. It's funny to read the Japanese translations of the lyrics, because sometimes they are waaaaaay off the original English.

Hyoukinmono said:
:lol: :lol: