Orchid and Morningrise, Japanese Editions

Godhead59

Dim Sam
Jun 6, 2006
Harlequin Forest
Hello my fellow Opeth fans.

An Israeli metal shop has begun selling the Japanese editions of Orchid and Morningrise, and since these are the only Opeth studio albums I don't own yet, they kind of caught my eye.
Can any of you enlighten me as to what's different about these special Japanese editions? And what is an OBI?

Keep in mind - they also sell the regular editions.

Thanks.

i have the morningrise one (i think, it might be another version)

there is the bonus track "Eternal Soul Torture"; it has an awful sound, but it was recorded before orchid, so if you collect them you might be interested. Later some parts of that song have been used in "In mist she was standing" and "Advent"

i have the morningrise one (i think, it might be another version)

there is the bonus track "Eternal Soul Torture"; it has an awful sound, but it was recorded before orchid, so if you collect them you might be interested. Later some parts of that song have been used in "In mist she was standing" and "Advent"

If that´s the case then either it´s no difference or you dont have the Japanese version because my cd also has Eternal Soul Torture and that´s just a re-release

Then maybe these Japanese editions just have that difference to the regular ones in Israel. That could very well be the case because the Japanese always get a lot of bonus stuff on their cd:s. Maybe the thing is that they have a lot of the originals in Israel that haven´t been sold out and then they have started to get the ones with the bonustrack also.
Check out the price and see if it differs much.

OBI's are those little cardboard sleeve things around the spine of a Japanese CD... Some people go pretty nuts collecting those... You see "WITH OBI!" all over eBay!

Thanks guys. The difference in price is 10NIS (about $2.5). There's no indication of big, if any, difference between the two, so I think I'll save the 20NIS and buy the regular CDs. These 20 can buy me a nice warm shawarma.

Israelis must have good taste, because there are quite a bit of Israeli Opeth fans (especially considering the country's size). By memory, I've seen North and South America, Scandinavia, and Israel the most on the board and in the fan section on the website. And Israel isn't really a region. Not really the topic of the thread, but Israel has a disproportionate amount of Opeth fans!

Israelis must have good taste, because there are quite a bit of Israeli Opeth fans (especially considering the country's size). By memory, I've seen North and South America, Scandinavia, and Israel the most on the board and in the fan section on the website. And Israel isn't really a region. Not really the topic of the thread, but Israel has a disproportionate amount of Opeth fans!
Yeah, there are many here. And Opeth knows that as well, the welcome they got here...

While we do rule, keep in mind that I don't know how much an official forum can be representitive of how popular they are. I mean, could be that in other countries they just don't go on the internet as much.

But, yeah, they're extremely popular in the metal scene, but I don't think too much out of it.