Orchid and Morningrise are the worst Opeth albums.

Yes, it's really a shame that Orchid and Morningrise aren't bland, unexceptional, overproduced pieces of shit like Blackwater Park. Tragic, even.

Those albums are great because they meander, because of those abrupt transitions, because they command your attention. They may not be catchy, but catchy never did a damn thing for me.

Meh. Charles, you've stirred up the Opeth fan boys! Run!

No, some good opinions here and there, but some of you guys are rediculous. You can't handle the fact that somebody might not like Morningrise or Orchid. You know, it's ok if somebody doesn't share the same feelings as you...

As far as Morningrise and Orchid go...they're far less cohesive, the composition is bad, Mikael's vocals aren't as good (I'm not saying they're bad), the production isn't as good, etc. Those are just some reasons. The only ones that really stand out for me are the cohesiveness and composition. The individual sections are good, though.

And whoever said that classical music rarely has sections repeated, I suggest you go listen to more classical music and rethink your statement.