Jaxx asking who wants to see James LaBrie

Wow, I thought DT's songwriting has been their absolute best on these past few albums. Falling Into Infinity has to be the worst CD they have put out IMO.

While the CD itself wasn't the greatest collection of songs, there were a lot of good songs written at the time that were released on Cleaning Out The Closet. I think FII would have been a lot better with some of those songs replacing some of the weaker tracks.

While I think Systematic Chaos is one of the best albums they have done in a long time, I don't think any of that reaches for the level of perfection that is "Lines In the Sand".

Okay, fine.. but the moment people start hating on Fabio Lione, the flame-thrower comes out! :heh:

Nothing to worry about. Not only Rhapsody's latest album kicks ass, Fabio is one of the most talented metal singers there are, not to mention a really down to Earth and cool guy. I can't wait until they're back in the states!

So the rumor turned out to be true, and they're holding off on the tour until next year. Yet another Jaxx show we're supposed to open gets postponed/canceled. :(

Can't blame the decision if you think about it. It may be a bit too early for James LaBrie to go out on tour on his own. His album just came out and let's face it, it's really different than anything he's ever done in his career.

If you guys were tapped to open for him this time around, why wouldn't they give you a chance again when the tour is rescheduled?

Wow, an evening of Dream Theater's weakest link? No thanks!!!

Ok, I will take one step back.

He isn't a bad vocalist by any means. I just think his voice is WAY too weak for DT. (Just my opinion).

Albums like Train of Thought could have been metal masterpieces if DT had a vocalist who could pull off their heavier side. HE can not.

:lol: I'm so glad someone else said it so I didn't have to!

Can't blame the decision if you think about it. It may be a bit too early for James LaBrie to go out on tour on his own. His album just came out and let's face it, it's really different than anything he's ever done in his career.

If you guys were tapped to open for him this time around, why wouldn't they give you a chance again when the tour is rescheduled?

For sure. It's the reason I most likely wouldn't go to this as I really don't like the new one. Though if the tour wouldn't start in Chicago and I saw a setlist of a lot of other stuff I might go. I just don't like the style of metal his new cd is.

I would love to see LaBrie on a solo tour, but I'm sure most people here already knew that. Unfortunately, I'm sure he'd focus as much attention on the new album as possible, and that would be a big turn-off for me. James sounds excellent on it, but the whole Soilwork approach doesn't do anything for me.

I've defended LaBrie on this forum plenty of times, so I won't go into that debate here. As for Dream Theater's songwriting, I think they're still putting out high-quality material. I like that they're trying to think outside the box with each album since Scenes From A Memory. Granted, they have some duds here and there, but to say that they suck now couldn't be further from the truth.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

:lol: I'm so glad someone else said it so I didn't have to!

No reason to ever be less than 100% honest about your own opinions.

The only time an opinion is invalid is if the critique truly has never heard the band or artist, and is just hating to hate. I have had almost the entire DT catalog at various times, and have seen the band live 2 times. Therefore, I am not just hating on the guy. It's just my honest observation that I would like DT a lot more if they had a stronger singer (and by stronger, I don't mean ability, I mean BALLZ!!!) :lol:

So the rumor turned out to be true, and they're holding off on the tour until next year. Yet another Jaxx show we're supposed to open gets postponed/canceled. :(

Are you saying the whole tour is cancelled or just the Jaxx date? Enter the Vault has the following dates listed for this tour.

11/26/2010 Tremont Music Hall - Charlotte NC
11/27/2010 Volume 11 - Raleigh NC
11/29/2010 The Gramercy Theatre - New York NY
11/30/2010 Trocadero Theater - Philadelphia PA
12/02/2010 Club Soda - Montreal QUE Canada
12/03/2010 The Opera House - Toronto OT
12/04/2010 Blondie's - Detroit MI
12/06/2010 Peabody's - Cleveland OH
12/07/2010 Reggie's Rock Club - Chicago Il
12/08/2010 Station 4 - St. Paul MN
12/10/2010 El Corazon - Seattle WA
12/11/2010 Berbati's Pen - Portland OR
12/14/2010 Key Club - West Hollywood CA
12/15/2010 Ventura Theatre - Ventura CA
12/16/2010 The Marquee - Tempe AZ
12/18/2010 Backstage Live - San Antonio TX
12/19/2010 Trees - Dallas TX
12/20/2010 Scout Bar - Houston TX

Are you saying the whole tour is cancelled or just the Jaxx date? Enter the Vault has the following dates listed for this tour.

11/26/2010 Tremont Music Hall - Charlotte NC
11/27/2010 Volume 11 - Raleigh NC
11/29/2010 The Gramercy Theatre - New York NY
11/30/2010 Trocadero Theater - Philadelphia PA
12/02/2010 Club Soda - Montreal QUE Canada
12/03/2010 The Opera House - Toronto OT
12/04/2010 Blondie's - Detroit MI
12/06/2010 Peabody's - Cleveland OH
12/07/2010 Reggie's Rock Club - Chicago Il
12/08/2010 Station 4 - St. Paul MN
12/10/2010 El Corazon - Seattle WA
12/11/2010 Berbati's Pen - Portland OR
12/14/2010 Key Club - West Hollywood CA
12/15/2010 Ventura Theatre - Ventura CA
12/16/2010 The Marquee - Tempe AZ
12/18/2010 Backstage Live - San Antonio TX
12/19/2010 Trees - Dallas TX
12/20/2010 Scout Bar - Houston TX

Personally, I don't trust that site. It's also not mentioned on his main page or myspace and I would think he or a marketing person would announce it before Enterthevault would. I could be wrong, but I don't trust it unless I hear actual factual news about this tour. Not that it matters to me since I probably won't go though. :lol:

It was also posted on Blabbermouth today:

DREAM THEATER singer James LaBrie will embark on a North American solo tour this winter. LaBrie wll perform material from his side project MULLMUZZLER as well as his two solo albums, 2005's "Elements Of Persuasion" and his newest CD, "Static Impulse", which was released last week via InsideOut Music.

Commented LaBrie: "[Keyboardist] Matt [Guillory], [guitarist] Marco [Sfogli], [drummer/vocalist] Peter [Wildoer], [bassist] Ray [Riendeau] and I are extremely psyched to announce a tour in support of the new album, 'Static Impulse'. Everyone that played on the disc will be on stage. This is going to be a very powerful and memorable evening. Just us and the fans doing what we both love doing. You will hear songs from MULLMUZZLER, 'Elements Of Persuasion' and, of course, the latest, 'Static Impulse'. Come out and support this U.S./Canada tour and let's have a blast. We will hit you like a sledgehammer, but I promise it won't hurt... See you out there. Goooooooooo!!!!!"

Added Guillory: "James, Marco, Ray, Peter, and myself are all really excited about touring the U.S. and Canada in support of our new album, 'Static Impulse'. The response we've been getting since the album was released has been so amazing. We can't wait to play this stuff live. This is going to be a lot of fun. We look forward to seeing everybody on the road!"

The dates are as follows:

Nov. 26 - Charlotte, NC - Tremont Music Hall
Nov. 27 - Raleigh, NC - Volume 11
Nov. 29 – New York, NY - Gramercy Theater
Nov. 30 - Philadelphia, PA - The Trocadero
Dec. 02 - Montreal, QUE - Club Soda
Dec. 03 - Toronto, ONT - Opera House
Dec. 04 - Detroit, MI - Blondies
Dec. 06 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's
Dec. 07 - Chicago, IL - Reggie Rock Club
Dec. 08 - Minneapolis, MN - Station 4
Dec. 10 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
Dec. 11 - Portland, OR - Berbati's Pen
Dec. 14 - Los Angeles, CA - Key Club
Dec. 15 - Ventura, CA - Ventura Theater
Dec. 16 - Tempe, AZ - Marquee Theater
Dec. 18 - San Antonio, TX - Backstage Live
Dec. 19 - Dallas, TX - Trees
Dec. 20 - Houston, TX - Scout Bar

Tickets for the trek go on sale today exclusively via EnterTheVault.com where fans can purchase both regular and VIP tickets for the trek. VIP packages include entrance to the venue one hour early, a meet-and-greet with James LaBrie and a signed tour poster.

Personally, I don't trust that site. It's also not mentioned on his main page or myspace and I would think he or a marketing person would announce it before Enterthevault would. I could be wrong, but I don't trust it unless I hear actual factual news about this tour. Not that it matters to me since I probably won't go though. :lol:

Enter The Vault is owned/operated by the booking agent for many of the bands listed on the site. I would guess that it is also the booking agent for the whole James LaBrie North American tour. They jump the gun in announcing tour dates before the artists quite often.