Jaxx asking who wants to see James LaBrie

It was also posted on Twitter by James that there would be a special announcement today. So I'm fairly confident that it's true. It could also be that the reason there is no Jaxx show is because there wasn't enough response to their inquiry about how many people would be interested in attending.

WOW!!! Wonder what James will think when he walks into Reggie's.....

Met-Al's gonna have a heart-attack!!!!!!

:lol: Yeah. This is one of those tours that I would imagine to be VERY difficult to book and estimate what the turnout would be. He may be in Dream Theater but the solo stuff is different, and this new album is VERY different.

And now it's officially announced. All the members of the current album will be on tour too, which is interesting. It'd be cool to see Peter playing with James. I wonder if he can do those growls while drumming though. Then again, the less of the new one they play the better; I will definitely have to wait for the first couple of setlists though to see if it'll be worth going to.

You know, if this was marketed properly, it could be at venues larger than those booked.

Here in Chicago, where Dream Theater packs the Riv and Rosemont Theater, I would think LaBrie solo should at minimum be able to do well at a place like the Park West, or maybe even the Vic.

I think with being at Reggie's, many DT fans won't even know it is taking place.

DT has a very mainstream audience, many of whom don't read metal blogs or forums, and won't know about this.

I felt the same way about when Di'Anno toured earlier in the year. With better promotion, that could have been at larger venues.

Well, cool for the die hards, as they will see LaBrie play some pretty intimate venues.

You know, if this was marketed properly, it could be at venues larger than those booked.

Here in Chicago, where Dream Theater packs the Riv and Rosemont Theater, I would think LaBrie solo should at minimum be able to do well at a place like the Park West, or maybe even the Vic.

I think with being at Reggie's, many DT fans won't even know it is taking place.

DT has a very mainstream audience, many of whom don't read metal blogs or forums, and won't know about this.

I felt the same way about when Di'Anno toured earlier in the year. With better promotion, that could have been at larger venues.

Well, cool for the die hards, as they will see LaBrie play some pretty intimate venues.

I think you could say this about most metal tours to be perfectly honest. Accept is another one that is not being promoted well.

Park West I don't think is a good venue for this though. They typically don't have heavy music there and from what I've heard and the one time I did go there is exclusively seating. I could see the Riv or Vic though.

Update: been listening to some of the other tracks off this album on the Tube and it's growing on me. Some of the tracks I still think are way too generic, but most of it I am liking.

I think you could say this about most metal tours to be perfectly honest.

Well, depends on the band.
Like I said, DT have a lot of NON metalhead fans.

Many of which are the older prog types who would pay premium $$$ to see LaBrie in an intimate club type setting.

Though such fans simply aren't going to hear about this show, unless they regularly check the DT or LaBrie sites.

Will be interesting to hear how this does.

They should have put in a crappy cover band to pull the crowd. According to a guy on another thread this is why the crappy cover band opened for Doro.

:lol:

There should be a rule that dictates that cover bands should only be allowed to play shows with other cover bands.

Well, depends on the band.
Like I said, DT have a lot of NON metalhead fans.

Many of which are the older prog types who would pay premium $$$ to see LaBrie in an intimate club type setting.

Though such fans simply aren't going to hear about this show, unless they regularly check the DT or LaBrie sites.

Will be interesting to hear how this does.

Yeah, but at the same time those prog fans you're talking about most likely wouldn't go to this once they've taken a listen to the new album. :lol:

It was also posted on Twitter by James that there would be a special announcement today. So I'm fairly confident that it's true. It could also be that the reason there is no Jaxx show is because there wasn't enough response to their inquiry about how many people would be interested in attending.

Jaxx was originally told they were postponing the tour, although from the schedule it looks more like it was a conflict, as the open date (the 28th) would have been the right spot for Jaxx but Psycroptic's already playing there that night.

Sounds like someone's not being honest. I have my suspicions as to who it is. :lol: