JE-1000 MM-04 schematic/circuit diagram.

231963271_1515bdfd6a_o.jpg

Normally I don't say anthing about old or new Bodom but the magic of Bodom is definitely gone now.
A few years ago only a few people had an Alexi guitar but then it comes to mass production of Alexi 600, RR24 and Edwards.
A few years ago only a few people had a Jackson J-50BC but now I know >10 guys who have one.
A few years ago a GP-1000 was nearly impossible to find on ebay or somewhere else. Now I read every 3 or 4 weeks that anybody's selling his 88 model.
A few years ago a Je-1000 was nearly impossible to find. But know everybody's talking about doing mass production, want's to have circuit diagramm, want to build his own Je-1000 instead of just buying the ALX BBQ thing without pickup

I think its cool that he wants to try and build one himself, but I bet it will cost you more to build it than it would be to buy the EMG ABQ. I mean the ABQ w/ the PU only cost $99.00 US dollars, so I imagine the ABQ can't cost more than 30-40 dollars on its own. The JE-1000 is alos alot bigger than the ABQ.

I copied the diagram and may try to build one one day, but I want to put it into a pedal and maybe some how have 2 buttons. 1 that will turn the boost on and off. And one that will turn the freq switches on or off. Which is something that can't be done with the JE-1000, MM-04, or ABQ. That way the pedal can be used a few different ways.

Also, I wouldn't say the magic is gone....just a little spread thin now. Too many people trying to get his exact gear thinking they will sound just like him. Certain things help get that sound, but a complete gear clone isn't needed to get a good CoBish tone.

Thanks a lot Ben Johnson :) I appreciate what you've done.

Normally I don't say anthing about old or new Bodom but the magic of Bodom is definitely gone now.
A few years ago only a few people had an Alexi guitar but then it comes to mass production of Alexi 600, RR24 and Edwards.
A few years ago only a few people had a Jackson J-50BC but now I know >10 guys who have one.
A few years ago a GP-1000 was nearly impossible to find on ebay or somewhere else. Now I read every 3 or 4 weeks that anybody's selling his 88 model.
A few years ago a Je-1000 was nearly impossible to find. But know everybody's talking about doing mass production, want's to have circuit diagramm, want to build his own Je-1000 instead of just buying the ALX BBQ thing without pickup

Well to be quite honest with you. I'm trying to get that classic bodom tone. I understand that Alexi has his guitar too low and stuff and that's why he can't pull out those awesome solos, but if you listen for a second you will notice that his tone on live concerts isn't as awesome as it used to be back then when he had his Jackson. Can someone just explain why is that? It just sounds kinda dead compared to what it used to be before :erk:

I'm sure there are a few reasons for that.

Differrent PU
Different Amp

Also, the sound guy can really have an effect on how a band sounds live.

My friends band sounds awesome at one club they go to.....they play down the street at the other club and the sound guy sucks, so in turn they end up sounding worse.

I for one prefer the newer Bodom tones....they just sound more raw. The old ones aren't bad they just sound to digital. It's really the only word I can think of to describe it. But to each his own, I always say.

Only way to get old tone is with all his gear and even then you prob still won't sound like him. IMO 95% of tone comes from the fingers.

I'm sure there are a few reasons for that.

Differrent PU
Different Amp

Also, the sound guy can really have an effect on how a band sounds live.

My friends band sounds awesome at one club they go to.....they play down the street at the other club and the sound guy sucks, so in turn they end up sounding worse.

I for one prefer the newer Bodom tones....they just sound more raw. The old ones aren't bad they just sound to digital. It's really the only word I can think of to describe it. But to each his own, I always say.

Only way to get old tone is with all his gear and even then you prob still won't sound like him. IMO 95% of tone comes from the fingers.
Then I'll find Alexi, cut his hand off and implant it :lol: nah I'm just kidding. But yeah my whole point was that I like the old bodom tone more. I'm not really that much into the new album :lol: it's really hard choice for me what to pick and what not. I know I wont sound exactly like him, but I just wanna get close :) just like everyone on this forum here does that stuff, I mean you guys do covers right?

I play covers at home, but getting the perfect bodom tone is not my mission. Playing the song proper and without error is my main mission.

I mean look at xkamen on youtube. I don't think any of his guitars have a MM-04 or a PU that Alexi has used. But he still gets a good tone and plays the shit out of some bodom songs.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xkamen

This one makes me :OMG: everytime.

I play covers at home, but getting the perfect bodom tone is not my mission. Playing the song proper and without error is my main mission.

I mean look at xkamen on youtube. I don't think any of his guitars have a MM-04 or a PU that Alexi has used. But he still gets a good tone and plays the shit out of some bodom songs.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xkamen

This one makes me :OMG: everytime.

have you checked this dude out D:
http://www.youtube.com/user/metabaka just check his bodom covers! damn man! Japanese people are crazy!

Ok so I'll bring in the schematics for the JE1000 from above to a music store that I know and see if they'll be able to make it. I'll keep an update to see if it actually works. Once its done I'll make a clip of it and let you guys judge how it sounds (as I have no idea what the real one sounds like). If it works well I think I'll just make them make a ton of it and sell em!

I'll start working on it after some days, I'm really busy lately and I haven't checked if it's really matching the JE-1000 pictures that Arcane posted, but I'll update after a while.

I have made and sold dozens of JE-1000 boosters, and people have love them.

I sell them mostly via eBay, search item 320546812816

Because of christmas, I can sell them for those who buy it before new year only 35+5 dollars, if you wanna use your own built-in pots (like tone or volume, also looks better that way) instead of that integrated gain pot!

Please contact me at pfe90@hotmail.com if you are interested.

Good evening gentlemen!

I just found this schematic and thought about building a JE1000 from scrap. I already had all of the compenents ready from some other projects and old devices.

But Im not quite sure about the schematic here. Built it in a quick and dirty variant but it doesnt work properly, because it seems to decrease the volume of the pickup signal instead of amplifying it.
Did some simulation at LTspice, seems to work there, but is this schematic really the right one?

Edit: Sorry to grab out this old thread. Didnt want to open up a new one.