Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore

yup, got the digs on this from Jeff a few weeks ago.

Its been coming for a while, Jeff has been just so bored in the NM camp since Godless. You can definitely tell his heard and soul weren't in the last album.

Wonder if Nevermore will go on or if they will just call it quits. This must really suck for Atilla :(

Nevermore is well... never more. :lol:
Seriously though, this sucks. I wonder what he'll do now. I hope he teams up with Matt from Theocracy... hearing Matt's vocals over the "The Obsidian Conspiracy" track was amazing. Part of me is happy I'll get to hear what Loomis is capable of in other bands with different vocalists.

FYI:

Thats the WD from Nevermore. He says the band will go on, they aren't breaking up. It will be refreshing if you ask me. All the music was starting to sound the same anyway.

thats actually pretty funny coming from him ... not suggesting he has a huge ego or anything, he's actually quite a nice guy and I always got along with him. Still, knowing Jeff and Van ... egos are not at play here but I don't think anyone's gonna bring up the real reasons

well, since he probably didn't land the DT gig, maybe Aquiles Priester from Angra will have a shot ... that would be right up his alley

Nevermind, I'm not sad about this anymore. After re listening to Matt's entry I'm stoked to hear who Jeff and Van hook up with for a new band/project.

It will be refreshing to hear vox other than Warrel's.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Matt guys version sounds really cool. I love Warrel's singing but I didn't like what he did on that track at all really.

That Matt guys version sounds really cool. I love Warrel's singing but I didn't like what he did on that track at all really.

Yeah, Matt Smith is currently doing his Theocracy band thing at the moment, and he used to post on the Sneap forums quite frequently a couple of years back, so hopefully he'll see this and call up Jeff and do something.

yup, got the digs on this from Jeff a few weeks ago.

Its been coming for a while, Jeff has been just so bored in the NM camp since Godless. You can definitely tell his heard and soul weren't in the last album.

Wonder if Nevermore will go on or if they will just call it quits. This must really suck for Atilla :(

Yeah I heard the same thing from a friend of Loomis, been a long time coming. I hope Van and Jeff continue together, I tottally dig Van on the drums.

Glad I saw them four times on the Dead Heart tour. :headbang: