Jeff Loomis & Van Williams Leave Nevermore

It sucks.
Anyway they were not Nevermore anymore in my opinion...Loomis is so dedicated to shred actually that he lost the "nevermore" taste.
Personally I'm not so angry about that... I prefer more a band that finish its history in time with dignity than a band that continue to make shitty album for 20 years

At first I was like "NOOOOOOOO!!!..."

...and then I realized that Warrel can't fucking sing anymore. I'm guessing those two are going to join forces and eat babies like never before, but with a more aggressive vocalist. Ok, maybe that's just my own hopes. haha.

Thank fuck, fucking could not stand that dude's vocals but Loomis is a great player. Hopefully the next thing he does is something I can actually stand to listen to.

All these comments saying about its good because Warrel was shit....then it would be much easier for them just to have kicked him out imo.

It doesn't surprise me too much to hear that Jeff was getting a little bored. Even though I enjoyed TOC, I was dissappointed with it in that it seemed kind of like a simplified version of Nevermore. In interviews, Jeff said things about how he gave Warrel more room for vocals and Peter Wichers helped him simplify the songs, and also how it would have been 'easy to do TGE 2'. Personally, I would have loved TGE 2. :lol:

This is seriously some of the worst news I've had in a long time.

+1 to the Dane hating, and I don't think the comparison to Control Denied is apt, cuz I couldn't stand them not because the riffs "just didn't work" without Chuck on vox, but because by and large I just don't like singing in heavy music (see: Nevermore). So yeah, Loomis and Van teaming up with an awesome growler/screamer would be a dream come true for me!

All I'm going to say is that there are a lot of people in this thread who are looking at the publicly visible aspects of Nevermore's world and assuming that Jeff and Van's motivations for leaving can be easily traced back to those various things, but that's a huge twisting of the truth and this situation is not that simple, so try to refrain from too much gratuitous speculation.

agree with alot of people though that it could be heard in the last album ive loved everything up untill it, it was just missing something TGE was always unbeatable in my mind, as for all the dane hating, i have no idea what the guy is like as a person etc, never watched or read an interview with him, loved some of his vocals over the years, brilliant, sad to see loomis and williams leave but ill be interested in what both they and the remainder of nevermore do in future

This is not something I wanted to read on a Friday morning. Fucking DAMNIT! Was keen as all hell to see them play here in June! Bought VIP tickets and everything.

I'm sure I can sell them to some idiot before everyone finds out about this :lol:

This is not something I wanted to read on a Friday morning. Fucking DAMNIT! Was keen as all hell to see them play here in June! Bought VIP tickets and everything.

I'm sure I can sell them to some idiot before everyone finds out about this :lol:

Yeah, was wondering about this, what's going to happen with the Australian tour now? Still happening?

It doesn't surprise me too much to hear that Jeff was getting a little bored. Even though I enjoyed TOC, I was dissappointed with it in that it seemed kind of like a simplified version of Nevermore. In interviews, Jeff said things about how he gave Warrel more room for vocals and Peter Wichers helped him simplify the songs, and also how it would have been 'easy to do TGE 2'. Personally, I would have loved TGE 2. :lol:

This is seriously some of the worst news I've had in a long time.

I absolutely love Warrel's vocals, but I'd love to hear songs like Ambivalent with some death metal vocals on them for sure.